Suggestion: Mark Posts as Solved

Everything that doesn't really have to do with Hollywood
fingus

Suggestion: Mark Posts as Solved

Post by fingus »

I cannot edit older Posts as Solved. It would be very nice if the OP can edit the Post-Title with something like [Solved] or/and mark the Post which contains the Solution.
Bugala

Re: Suggestion: Mark Posts as Solved

Post by Bugala »

Basically I like the idea, but if it has to be done manually, then I dont want Andreas to use his time for that, especially since there can also be some cases where it is difficult to say whether problem is solved or not, and I guess by default all problems old enough are basically solved here.

Anyway, if there would be a way for original posters to mark the topic as solved, that would be great.
fingus

Post by fingus »

Bugala wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:18 am Basically I like the idea, but if it has to be done manually, then I dont want Andreas to use his time for that, especially since there can also be some cases where it is difficult to say whether problem is solved or not, and I guess by default all problems old enough are basically solved here.

Anyway, if there would be a way for original posters to mark the topic as solved, that would be great.
Maybe theres already a Plugin or something else done for this Forum-System (phpBB) which can archieve that.
plouf

Post by plouf »

Yes

Retitling in bug section with "[FIXED]" helps

Also useful is when writing "fixed" in last reply to mentiom the version is fixed. I.e. fixed in next realease 11 etc
Or fixed in version 8.1

Helps a lot imho
Christos
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Will see if there's a plugin that could be used for this. I'm planning an upgrade to the latest phpBB soon anyway.