Hurl2.0 - Error initializing cURL!

Report any Hollywood bugs here
fingus

Hurl2.0 - Error initializing cURL!

Post by fingus »

(I took this Bug-Report-Sheet from the forum.sailfishos.org Community, i hope its okay[(UPPERCASE Descriptors] and usefull)
REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OSVERSION: AmigaOS 3.2
OSROMS: Kickstart 3.2
HOLLYWOOD: 10.0
PLUGIN: HURL 2.0 (a68k-amiga)
HARDWARE: Amiga1200 - Blizzard 1230IV/50Mhz/32MB (No FPU) - Indivision AGA MK3
UI LANGUAGE: German

DESCRIPTION:

When starting a Hollywood-Script with @REQUIRE "hurl" with offline Amiga the Error Message "Error initializing cURL!" appers and the Programm is terminated after clicking on "ok".

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Start this Script:

Code: Select all

@require "hurl"
waitleftmouse()
end

EXPECTED RESULTS:
Script should also starts when Amiga is offline.

MODIFICATIONS:
- FBlit 3.79
- AmiTCP 3.0ß2
- AmiSSL 5.13
jPV

Re: Hurl2.0 - Error initializing cURL!

Post by jPV »

Are you sure it's about being offline? Because I got a report with RNOXfer that it doesn't work at all with AmiTCP/IP 3.x even if it'd be online. AmiTCP/IP 4.x and other newer stacks do work, so some component probably requires new enough bsdsocket.library or so. Is it hURL itself or AmiSSL or something else, I don't know.
fingus

Post by fingus »

jPV wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:34 pm Are you sure it's about being offline? Because I got a report with RNOXfer that it doesn't work at all with AmiTCP/IP 3.x even if it'd be online. AmiTCP/IP 4.x and other newer stacks do work, so some component probably requires new enough bsdsocket.library or so. Is it hURL itself or AmiSSL or something else, I don't know.
I tested it in WinUAE and on my real Amiga. In Both cases, if you are not online this Error comes up and Program terminates and if your are online you can start the Program and use the Downloadfile-Function for example.

I use EasyNet for Internet-/Network-Connection and that was bundled with AmiTCP3.x and 4.0+ seems to be commercial.
emeck

Post by emeck »

I'm also getting this error when running IvoRSS (HollywoodPlayer window) in my recently installed MOS 3.18 Mac Mini. It works in my PowerBook. And it doesn't matter if it is online (I'm writing this on the Mac Mini).

Forgot to mention, HW 10 and hURL 2.0
PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Thanks for the report, I'll check what's causing this.
jPV

Post by jPV »

jPV wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:34 pm Are you sure it's about being offline? Because I got a report with RNOXfer that it doesn't work at all with AmiTCP/IP 3.x even if it'd be online. AmiTCP/IP 4.x and other newer stacks do work, so some component probably requires new enough bsdsocket.library or so. Is it hURL itself or AmiSSL or something else, I don't know.
AmiSSL seems to require bsdsocket V4: https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic ... #msg858415

"So if you installed version 3 of AmiTCP, you also have version 3 of bsdsocket.library which is too old for AmiSSL. You have to install AmiTCP V4 or Genesis or Miami or Roadshow instead."
airsoftsoftwair

jPV wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:29 am AmiSSL seems to require bsdsocket V4: https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic ... #msg858415
Ok, this could explain the problem but I'm wondering why Fingus reported that the problem exists on WinUAE as well. WinUAE should have a v4 bsdsocket.library...
fingus

Post by fingus »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:34 pm Ok, this could explain the problem but I'm wondering why Fingus reported that the problem exists on WinUAE as well. WinUAE should have a v4 bsdsocket.library...
Go offline, start Winuae, test again
airsoftsoftwair

fingus wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:21 pm Go offline, start Winuae, test again
Ok, right, with no Internet connection WinUAE won't install bsdsocket.library at all. At startup hURL will try to initialize AmiSSL and that will fail if it can't open bsdsocket.library so I think it is normal behaviour. Without an internet connection hURL can't work. To make it work without bsdsocket.library curl initialization would have to be postponed and every single method in hURL would need to check if curl has been initialized or not which is a lot of work. Don't think that is worth the effort.
jPV

Post by jPV »

BTW. now I remember that I don't @REQUIRE the hURL plugin in most of my programs, I just load it later or on-demand with LoadPlugin() and handle errors if that fails (#ERR_PLUGINDOUBLET too). In this way programs can work without a (online) TCP/IP stack.