UseAudioAdapter = false leads to instant freeze on Linux

Discuss SDL programming with the RebelSDL plugin here
fingus

UseAudioAdapter = false leads to instant freeze on Linux

Post by fingus »

I wanted to use the Panning/SetPanning-Effect for my Game-Sounds, sadly it seems to be ignored when using the SDL-Plugin (it plays always on both speakers).

So my hopes were high when reading in the SDL-Documentation that you can bypass it with UseAudioAdapter = false.

Sadly it seems to instant hardfreeze the Game when started/playing sounds/music.
fingus

Re: UseAudioAdapter = false leads to instant freeze on Linux

Post by fingus »

Addendum: Windows Build works
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

What is the SDL2 version on your Linux?
fingus

Post by fingus »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:54 pm What is the SDL2 version on your Linux?
ii libsdl1.2debian:amd64 1.2.15+dfsg2-6 amd64 Simple DirectMedia Layer
ii libsdl2-2.0-0:amd64 2.0.20+dfsg-2ubuntu1.22.04.1 amd64 Simple DirectMedia Layer
ii libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 2.0.20+dfsg-2ubuntu1.22.04.1 i386 Simple DirectMedia Layer
airsoftsoftwair

Ok, I'll check. Lately there have been some major changes concerning audio on Linux with the transition to PipeWire which could explain these problems because RebelSDL hasn't been updated for quite some time.
fingus

Post by fingus »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:59 pm Ok, I'll check. Lately there have been some major changes concerning audio on Linux with the transition to PipeWire which could explain these problems because RebelSDL hasn't been updated for quite some time.
On another Linux Machine Bypass was working but with horrible, low samplerate and stuttering Sounds. Then your statement approve it.

So hopefully with updating RebelSDL we will get the SDL_Haptic API (Force-Feedback-Feature, Rumbling Gamepad), finger crossed.
airsoftsoftwair

fingus wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:55 am So hopefully with updating RebelSDL we will get the SDL_Haptic API (Force-Feedback-Feature, Rumbling Gamepad), finger crossed.
Sure, that can be added.