Rocket Away

Show off your project created with Hollywood
Juan Carlos

Re: Rocket Away

Post by Juan Carlos »

Confirm the SDL version for MorphOS doesn't work I did the test in my MorphOS machines and all It doesn't work but the normal version world fine even the Hi res screen works fine on my PowerMac G5.
Thanks.
lazi

Post by lazi »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:24 pm
lazi wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:54 pm Thanks Andreas!

Yes I wanted to use the host resolution on every system except Amigoid.
I can't check in the source currently, but as far as I remember the #display preprocessor has the #scalemode_auto parameter and the scalewidth/height are set to #native.
Is that differerent than #fullscreenscale mode?
I think the most convenient way would be to use the display mode "AutoFullScreen". It will do a physical resolution switch on slower systems and scaling on faster systems.
Unfortunately -fitscale is not working with -AutoFullScreen, but that would be great. It's hard to found a display resolution that is available on all platforms/monitors by default and fast on slower machines. Thus I decided to use 800x600 and then scale it to 16:9 because that aspect is absolute standard by now. On slow systems the monitor scales it to 16:9 for free but newer machines with AutoFullScreen locks the aspect to 4:3 with black border.

Andreas, can you enable FitScale for AutoFullScreen?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

lazi wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:46 pm Andreas, can you enable FitScale for AutoFullScreen?
Hmm, don't understand. Why would you want to have FitScale for AutoFullScreen? AutoFullScreen already fits the display to the screen size so it implies FitScale or am I missing something here?
lazi

Post by lazi »

Here is what I try to tell :-)

@DISPLAY 1,{mode="fullscreen", width=800, height=600, disableblanker=True, scalemode=#SCALEMODE_AUTO, scalewidth=#NATIVE, scaleheight=#NATIVE}

@DISPLAY 1,{mode="AutoFullscreen", width=800, height=600, DisableBlanker=True}

Both images are screenshots taken from a win10 machine. Native display resolution is 1920x1080.
The fullscreen #native scaling seems to choosen 1600x900 resolution which is strange for me.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

I think it's a bug in your code. If you set "Mode" to "FullScreen" Hollywood will do a physical monitor resolution switch. This somewhat contradicts your scaling setting. You should either use a physical resolution switch OR scaling but not both because that doesn't make much sense ;)