MP4 video bug

Discuss about plugins that don't have a dedicated forum
Juan Carlos

MP4 video bug

Post by Juan Carlos »

I found a strange bug with mp4 video files when you play more of once, the video is play fast and only a few seconds as if Hollywood has forget the video properties as duration, and curiosly the speed play off normal to a 2x, this problem with wmv not happen, even with other video códec neither there is this problem, perpaphs for the compression mp4 Hollywood lost the information from these files when finish yo play them.
plouf

Re: MP4 video bug

Post by plouf »

This probably has to do with the fact that avcoded plugin is based in very old source branch.
Porting to newer source will make difficult to 68k version

But imho some thinks can have diffirence in 68k version.. since they keep rest (mos/win/android) back
Therefore i would like a newer plugin with 68k "less compatible " ...

Relative discution
viewtopic.php?p=17523&hilit=ffmpeg#p17523
Christos
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Yes the problem is the old source and with some mp4 codecs and their information have these problems, preparing an example with this mp4 files, I converted the wmv with Xilioft Video Converter and this mp4 files hasn't problem, but with shotcut convert the mp4 files with some codec that has this problem in Hollywood, the solution, to use the Xilisoft for convert a file that Hollywood cans play several times.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

What platform is this? If you're on Windows or macOS, you could also use the video decoder provided by the OS to play MP4. The avcodec plugin is only needed to play MP4 on non-Windows and non-macOS systems.