Programs fail to start on BFG9060

Report any Hollywood bugs here
jPV

Programs fail to start on BFG9060

Post by jPV »

I got a user report that my RNOXfer program fails to start on his A4000TX/BFG9060/AmigaOS 3.2 setup. When he tries to launch the program, it gives an "RNOXfer is no Hollywood applet!" error. After testing some other programs (RNOArchive and LHArchiver) it seems that all Hollywood compiled programs fail to start in the same way.

So, it's a bit weird that compiled Hollywood programs fail in this way, because they have all the needed things linked in an executable. I don't think it's about OS 3.2, but maybe about the accelerator? Or some other library or so? Has anyone else heard anything like this before? It might not be a Hollywood bug at all, but maybe this is the best area to discuss about it anyway :)

He also told that WHDLoad will crash if he doesn't enable the "NoAutoVec ;ignore unwanted autovector interrups" setting in it... maybe related? Maybe an hardware compatibility issue?
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Programs fail to start on BFG9060

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

The first thing I'd be interested in seeing in such a case is a SnoopDOS log...
jPV

Post by jPV »

Here's a SnoopDOS log from RNOArchive:
https://pastebin.com/ULi0CQMv

But he said now that RNOArchive has worked earlier, so maybe something has got messed on his system...

I'm wondering why RNOArchive.info doesn't get loaded, I guess it's when MUI tries load it as an appicon... maybe..
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

jPV wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:48 pm But he said now that RNOArchive has worked earlier, so maybe something has got messed on his system...
I think so too. It's rather unlikely that this is a Hollywood problem.