The eternal IDE bug

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
Juan Carlos

The eternal IDE bug

Post by Juan Carlos »

Again I have this problem with the Windows IDE this time the IDE remove its preferences, I use it with Windows 7 and the problem was when I cut and copy a single code line and to paste the code only paste this:
---------------------------
Hollywood IDE
No more matches found!
Aceptar
airsoftsoftwair

Re: The eternal IDE bug

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Don't understand this one. Please post exact steps how to reproduce the problem.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Well, sometimes when I copy the code with Ctrl+C and after paste the code lines with Ctrl+V, instead of paste the code, paste that message, and the last time deleted the IDE settings, this problem may be 1 time per 1000 times, but it is there, why? I don't know the answer, but when you get this 1 time, the code inside the IDE has this message or change the code lines, the lines are mixture, etc. but this bug is only 1 between 1000.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Juan Carlos wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:03 pm Well, sometimes when I copy the code with Ctrl+C and after paste the code lines with Ctrl+V, instead of paste the code, paste that message
What message?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Hollywood IDE
No more matches found!
Aceptar
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

Then you have used the Ctrl+C while the message window of a search without match was still open. This copies the content of this message window into the clipboard.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Flinx wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:08 pm Then you have used the Ctrl+C while the message window of a search without match was still open. This copies the content of this message window into the clipboard.
No, I copy the Code lines with Ctrl+C and when I paste un other place with Ctrl+P paste that message. But this problem cans to be 1 of 100 times.
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

Ok, but I did use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V on two machines many many times and never saw such an effect. And at least I can get your pasted text with Ctrl+C from the search message box. In my case this is
Hollywood IDE
No more matches found!
OK

Do you have installed a clipboard manager in your Windows?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

No, I haven't installed a clipboard manager, I have installed the Ram Disk from AMD tool.
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

Now I have no idea any more. To collect some information for Andreas: Can you remember if you used the search function before the problem occurred? The words must come from the message box on some way, I think.