My game modules are now online

Discuss any general programming issues here
jalih

My game modules are now online

Post by jalih »

Still missing a lot of documentation and examples... But it's a start... ;-)

Available here

Includes updated Hollywood Blocks v. 0.2 tetris clone as an example for complete game with multiple game states.

Comments and bug reports are welcome.
jalih

Re: My game modules are now online

Post by jalih »

I am currently writing some complete game examples for the Hollywood community, using my game library.

Here is a work in progress Hollywood Invaders. It needs some cleanup, comments and a little more additional code, but it's allready about 70 percent complete Space Invaders style game. I will post a proper source release in a couple of days.

Feedback is always welcome...
jalih

Post by jalih »

I accidently deleted the file, so here is a new link: Hollywood Invaders work in progress...

I fixed some little errors, game should behave properly now. It's still a little unfinished, but at least you get to shoot things... ;)

Actually, I have allready added explosions, animated alien missiles and destroyable shield platforms. I will try to put the updated package available later tonight.
jalih

Post by jalih »

A little update to Hollywood Invaders: added explosions, destroyable shields (I still need to add collision detection between aliens and shield blocks).

Hollywood Invaders updated source
jalih

Post by jalih »

There seems to be a missing break statement in emissiles.hws module. It should be located in emissiles:update() method after the following line:

Code: Select all

game.state:set("die") ; Shit happens... player just got killed.
I will fix this and finish the example project later today.
jalih

Post by jalih »

Hi all,

I ended up rewriting some parts of my game module. Changes include modified game state handling (some cleanups and changed the default game state to be "main" instead of 0).

Hollywood Invaders update:

I removed the destroyable shield support from the game. Current approach turned out to be too heavy for the cpu...
Currently working: basic gameplay, alien explosions, animated aliens and animated alien ammo.

I think it's currenly quite playable, at least on my Windows machine. Test it and let me know if you find any stupid bugs.

Hollywood Invaders v. 0.2
jalih

Post by jalih »

More updates...

- Added FPS module to my game framework, now you can easily show average frames per second counter in your games.

I have also updated my previous Hollywood Invaders source package (download link in my previous message), demonstrating my game framework's current usage.

Test it and let me know, if you can break it! ;)
jalih

Post by jalih »

jalih wrote:More updates...

- Added FPS module to my game framework, now you can easily show average frames per second counter in your games.

I have also updated my previous Hollywood Invaders source package (download link in my previous message), demonstrating my game framework's current usage.

Test it and let me know, if you can break it! ;)
Stupid mistake fixed and now available here
jalih

Post by jalih »

jalih wrote:Stupid mistake fixed and now available here
Sorry, try here ;)
jalih

Post by jalih »

More updates to my game framework (not yet released):

- added debug module
- some fixes and cleanups

Here is a picture of the debug module's game state monitor in action

And yes, frame rate of the Hollywood Invaders goes to 60 fps on my computer, when I disable the state monitor...