Sendrexx and Ringhio

Discuss any general programming issues here
fingus

Sendrexx and Ringhio

Post by fingus »

I got some problems using the Sendrexx-Command with Ringhio.

This is the Example-Rexx-Script of Ringio located in Sys:Documentation/Ringhio/rx_testringhio.rexx

Code: Select all

/* Small script for testing Ringhio */

;options results

address RINGHIO

;'REGISTERAPP APP=TESTRINGHIO ICON="SYS:Documentation/Ringhio/rx_testringhio.rexx" This is a test app entry'
say RESULT 

'RINGHIO APP=TESTRINGHIO CLOSEONDC SCREEN="FRONT" IMG=SYS:Prefs/Presets/Ringhio/test.png TITLE="Testing Ringhio" IMGVALIGN=1 If you see this little popup message, and a wink icon, it means Ringhio is working OK'
say RESULT /* Small script for testing Ringhio */

i cut it down to:

'RINGHIO APP=TESTRINGHIO CLOSEONDC SCREEN="FRONT"  TITLE="Testing Ringhio" IIf you see this little popup message, and a wink icon, it means Ringhio is working'
say RESULT 
which result in:
SendRexxCommand("RINGHIO","RINGHIO APP=TESTRINGHIO;CLOSEONDC;SCREEN=FRONT;TITLE=Testing Ringhio;testtext")

but it does not work! I tried different variations to seperate the rexx-commands and still not work!

What's wrong with it?

I got then the idea to create a .rexx-file with my hollywood-tool and start it external but this way isn't very comfortable and sober.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Sendrexx and Ringhio

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Well, I don't know much about ARexx and it has been some years since I implemented the support in Hollywood but I know several projects which use ARexx quite heavily so I wouldn't presume a Hollywood bug. I've just read the documentation of SendRexxCommand() and I'd say that the following way should work:

SendRexxCommand("RINGHIO", "RINGHIO APP=TESTRINGHIO CLOSEONDC SCREEN 'FRONT' TITLE 'Testing Ringhio'")
If it doesn't work, try this:

SendRexxCommand("RINGHIO", "RINGHIO APP 'TESTRINGHIO' CLOSEONDC SCREEN 'FRONT' TITLE 'Testing Ringhio'")
fingus

Re: Sendrexx and Ringhio

Post by fingus »

Second one is working, thanks for your hint!