apk API version

Please post anything related to the Hollywood APK Compiler here
AlexC

Re: apk API version

Post by AlexC »

@xabierpayet

I haven't tried to upload an apk to the store in a very long time so I don't know. Sorry.
If you get an error message, please post it here or in a new thread for Andreas to look into it.
xabierpayet

Post by xabierpayet »

ok, thankyou
amyren

Post by amyren »

Due to the message below I figured I could try to update the android studio components.

Code: Select all

Incompatible Gradle Versions
../../build.gradle:4: The compileSdkVersion (30) should not be lower than the targetSdkVersion (31)
I did also update gradle, the NDK, CMake and the SDK tools.
But with API 31 installed the apk compiler failed to compile at all.

Uninstalling Android API 31 and installing 11.0 again and it does work, with the above error message.
I have not tried installing API 32 or 33 yet, but I guess it will give the same result.

Another strange thing is that after each time I do a change and use "clean current target", the arm8 apk fails to build.
When compiling a second time it will succed.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Can't reproduce this with APK Compiler 4.4 and Android Studio 2022.1.1 (Electric Eel).
TearsOfMe

Post by TearsOfMe »

A generel question about api level.
APK Compiler 4.4 (Home) with Electric Eel 2022.1 and SDK Platform Android PI34 is installed.
When i try to upload an App to GooglePlayStore i get this error:

Your app is currently targeted at API level 31, but should have a minimum API level of 33

How can i make it API Level 33/34 or is it not possible in the moment?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

TearsOfMe wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:14 pm Your app is currently targeted at API level 31, but should have a minimum API level of 33
Yes, I need to update APK Compiler to support that. I'm working on it...
TearsOfMe wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:14 pm How can i make it API Level 33/34 or is it not possible in the moment?
You could try manually setting the "targetSdkVersion" to 33 in build.gradle in the "Custom build scripts" section of APK Compiler.