Network timeout on Android

Discuss any general programming issues here
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Network timeout on Android

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Ok. It's still very weird, though, because I didn't really "fix" anything but just restructure some things but I still don't see any problem with the original code that didn't work on your device. That's why I asked you to do so many tests because I thought there must be something else that's causing the misbehaviour. But apparently, there wasn't. So I still don't understand why the original code doesn't work. Maybe it is a bug on Android or in your device's Wifi driver after all. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on any of my Android devices anyway. So what I did isn't really a fix but just a workaround.

Well, nevertheless, good to know that it works now although I didn't really fix anything. I'll soon release an update for the APK Compiler that contains this "fix" and updated libpng and zlib versions that are allowed on the Play store.
zylesea

Re: Network timeout on Android

Post by zylesea »

Sounds strange indeed. Would be interesting to know if the bug is on other Lollipop Androids or if it is a Nexus issue. Anyway, good there is a workaround and I am looking forward to the update.