New ScuiLib version?

Discuss any general programming issues here
born2code

New ScuiLib version?

Post by born2code »

Hi all!

I'm a big fan of the ScuiLib Gui Library for Hollywood but the current version is very old. Will there be a new version some time soon?
Allanon

Re: New ScuiLib version?

Post by Allanon »

Hello,
happy to see there are fan around ScuiLib :)
I've big projects and new ideas for this library, as soon as I've some free time I will make the latest version public, not really big news but many bug fixes I've corrected during the AMC development: stay tuned :)
born2code

Post by born2code »

Very cool! I'm waiting for it!
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Seconded! :-)

Really looking forward to it!

BTW, Allanon, the ScuiLib forum is messed up with spam users and messages ... :-(
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Many libraries I'm using for AMC will be used in the new version of ScuiLIB (skinning, filesystem, debug, tables, helpers...), I hope to find the time to publish these libraries as stand-alone in the next few days :)
About the forum, I'm aware of that problem... I'm not really able to stop these stupid bots... maybe I'm planning to transfer the whole forum on the AMC one as a sub section
born2code

Post by born2code »

Skinning for ScuiLIB would be awesome! Looking forward to this! Also, an editor that creates GUIs for ScuiLIB would be cool. Like Visual Basic or so. Or have Designer support ScuiLIB but this would have to be done by Andreas.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

born2code wrote:Also, an editor that creates GUIs for ScuiLIB would be cool. Like Visual Basic or so.
In fact, I am working on that! I am just at the beginning with that, so don't expect that to be released soon, but as I said: I am working on that. :-D
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Clyde

ScuiLib problem under MOS

Post by Clyde »

Hi Fabio,

I got an interesting bug report regarding hw4cubic or the included tool hwcc, respectively. The user complains that hwcc aborts while starting as it cannot find the Helvetica font on MorphOS. It seems that this font is not available under MOS. As I don't have MOS (you?) I can't test this. And as ScuiLib hard codes "helvetica.font" I think the problem occurs because of ScuiLib. How can we handle that? How can we unbound hard coded fonts from ScuiLib? I am quite sure Hollywood (4.5/4.7) already has something for that, but I am unsure ... Or did you already get rid of that while developing AMC?

Cheers!
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Hi Clyde!
Happy to see that you are working on a tool to make GUIs 4 ScuiLib! :D

About the helvetica font it's quiet simple, you have to edit only the DefaultStandard.hws file where is described the look of the gui...
Just search & replace "helvetica.font" with another font and you are done.

Have you downloaded the latest WIP of ScuiLib? It's inclued support for #SANS & Font caching so you can use built in HW fonts.

Let me know if this resolve the problem (but it should ;) )
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

born2code wrote:Skinning for ScuiLIB would be awesome! Looking forward to this! Also, an editor that creates GUIs for ScuiLIB would be cool. Like Visual Basic or so. Or have Designer support ScuiLIB but this would have to be done by Andreas.
ScuiLib is already able to support skinning editing the file DefaultStandard.hws but the library I'm talking about has support for many skinning modes and is able to make multipass-skinning for great fx and shining buttons (but ofcourse you can skin whatever you want :D )