Soko4MUI - Sokoban clone with MUI interface

Post by xz79 »

I have written a Sokoban clone with Hollywood:

Download-Links (Aminet):
AROS
MorphOS
OS 3 / Classic
OS4

Two comments from users of os4depot.net report, that they are not able to run the game on OS4 (They get the error that LoadSample can't load an embedded .wav-File, although hwp_avcodec-plugin is installed - original comment -). I am not able to reproduce this error with my OS4-installation. As long as hwp_muiroyale and hwp_avcodec.lha are installed, the game runs without problems. Does anyone has an idea why it doesn't work on the system of the two people quoted?
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Soko4MUI - Sokoban clone with MUI interface

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Well, OS4.0 is not really supported by Hollywood any more. There could be all sorts of issues with OS 4.0. OS 4.1 needs to have the latest updates as there were some fixes to sound.datatype AFAIR.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Btw, nice use of MUI Royale for this game :)
xz79

Post by xz79 »

@airsoftwair: Thanks :)

I know the cause of the sound/startup problem now (thanks to goose from os4welt.de -forum):
WAV-Files must not contain metadata, otherwise some systems do not recognize them.
I've just uploaded a fixed version 1.2 to Aminet. It should be visible there within the next days.
lazi

Post by lazi »

Hi xz79!

Nice one.
It would be better if mouse control could be added. I think if the little man could be dragged along walkable pathways and to crates would be made better than the lot of keypressing. Additionally it would be touchscreen compatible.

Thanks for sharing your game!