Android Feature Request and Bug Report

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
PEB

Android Feature Request and Bug Report

Post by PEB »

Hi Andreas,

Here's the feature request:
Add a function to hide the top and bottom bars (the notification bar and the navigation bar).
Alternatively, if the display could be automatically resized to show the entire Hollywood display under the top bar and above the bottom bar, this would also solve the problem I'm having. Right now the top part of the display is cut off (hidden) by the top bar.

Here's the bug report
I'm not sure if this is the case on all Android devices, or just mine, but if the Hollywood program is currently running in portrait orientation, then this command SetDisplayAttributes({Orientation=#ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT}) does NOT lock it in portrait mode. (If it is in landscape when that command is used, then it locks.)

A work around is to first use #ORIENTATION_NONE and then use #ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT}; but this causes a short "black out" to occur.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Android Feature Request and Bug Report

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

PEB wrote: Here's the feature request:
Add a function to hide the top and bottom bars (the notification bar and the navigation bar).
Alternatively, if the display could be automatically resized to show the entire Hollywood display under the top bar and above the bottom bar, this would also solve the problem I'm having. Right now the top part of the display is cut off (hidden) by the top bar.
This should already be possible. Have you tried "Hide title bar" in the options menu? Doesn't that work?
I'm not sure if this is the case on all Android devices, or just mine, but if the Hollywood program is currently running in portrait orientation, then this command SetDisplayAttributes({Orientation=#ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT}) does NOT lock it in portrait mode. (If it is in landscape when that command is used, then it locks.)
Alright, this looks like a bug. Hollywood probably checks the specified orientation against the current one and does nothing if both are the same. I'll fix this.
PEB

Re: Android Feature Request and Bug Report

Post by PEB »

Have you tried "Hide title bar" in the options menu?
I had not tried that. Thanks for the tip!
That does work, but I wouldn't want to have to set that every time; so I was very happy to discover that @SCREEN {HideTitleBar=True} also does the trick (I had never used that option before).