AGA

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
ArtBlink

AGA

Post by ArtBlink »

Hello,

Is it possible in future version to can use Amiga Aga system? A lot of user have always their Old Amiga, so, i think it is a good idea and it is possible than more developper can get hollywood langage ;-)
tolkien

Re: AGA

Post by tolkien »

I think it would be very difficult to support AGA but we can try it! ;)
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Very old versons, maybe 1 and 2 of Hollywood have AGA support if i have understood correctly, but due to its limiations, it became too difficult to support.

And people with Old Amigas can run Hollywood programs as long as they invest in graphics card. OR thats at least how i have understood it.
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

But most people have A1200 and you havent only in a GFX card. You need to put it in a tower, have slot for the card etc etc. But I understand that it´s difficult to support AGA cos its limitations. Sad but true...
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Well, if you mean hardware banging native chipset support without the OS, this is never going to come. Support for Workbenches without graphics board might return someday, though it won't be fun to use ;)
ArtBlink

Post by ArtBlink »

We can just support of AGA in fullscreen (320x256 in 256 colors) to the game maker ;-)

I think it's very important to create link between ANG and Amiga 6800x0

And i think, Amiga User (A1200 Hardware and WinUAE User) is more important than ANG User.

And when you create Hollywood Script, the most important is the optimisation ;-)

And other think, ANG FullScreen Mode in 8Bits (256 colors) to make Big 2D games ;-)
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

As Artblink write...Support for 8bit lowres to make games will be great.

Will it be slow? perhaps...
ArtBlink

Post by ArtBlink »

@tolkien:

The problem is, ok, if Aga system is supported, we can create programm for A1200, BUT don't forget that compiled Hollywood Prg have the minimum size of approximatevely 3Mo and A1200 have only 2Mo so, if Andreas make support of Aga for A1200,he must modified his compiler to optimize the size of the compiled programm... :-(

So the problem of it is that Andreas must modify the compiler engine: don't implement fonction not used by the programm that you want to compile, exemple :

You make Shoot them up = don't insert in the compiled programm all interpretation of Dos Function or Layer Function or Sprite function (if you work with brush)

I think it is more simple at this time to exclude Hollywood library (DOS,Brush,Etc...) in the interpreter of the compiled programm

Do you understand what i can say to you?

I'm french, don't forget this lol ;-)
tolkien

Post by tolkien »

I understand you perfectly ArtBlink...Even when I´m from Spain! ;)

Perhaps the requirements of Hollywood for an AGA machine is not a plain A1200. A 14 MHz 68020 is not power enough to run anything decent with the speed of Hollywood. (I dont say it´s slow...but no the fastest one)

It would require minimum 030 and FastRam. But hey!!! I´m speaking with no idea of anything! ;)
ArtBlink

Post by ArtBlink »

@tolkien: lol

So, seriously, i am not sure, if andreas make 2D powerful engine, i think it can possible to make 2D game very optimized, don't forget Amos Prg ;-)

It is possible, but only andreas can make this...

Pray with me ;-)