#VIDDRV_OS and Windows video codecs

Report any Hollywood bugs here
Juan Carlos

#VIDDRV_OS and Windows video codecs

Post by Juan Carlos »

I use this instruction #VIDDRV_OS to VAMP cans use the video codecs installed in my Windows 7 and it handle the codecs with problems because the option of stop video works as pause when this same stop option using the #VIDDRV_HOLLYWOOD and the plugins the stop works, with Hollywood 5.0 there isn't this problem although under Windows only works with the videocodes. NO use the parameters #VIDDRV_OS or #VIDDRV_HOLLYWOOD the player plays the videos very slow,
the problem with the #VIDDRV_OS could be that the Hollywood doen't recognizes as playing the videos using the DirectShow but yes with the plugins? for example some stack or internal flag?
airsoftsoftwair

Re: #VIDDRV_OS and Windows video codecs

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

I don't understand this question.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

if I send you the VAMP code to can test the video handle with Hollywood?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

No, I need a very clear description of the problem first. I've said it before but here it is again: Please improve your English. It's really pretty impossible to understand. Do not always just hack away every thought that comes to your mind but write clear descriptions and questions. Otherwise it's impossible to help you because I can't read your mind and I don't have the time to try to decipher what could have been meant by your posting. It can't be that difficult to write better English. Take your time to write your questions. Then you might get help as well.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Andreas wrote:No, I need a very clear description of the problem first. I've said it before but here it is again: Please improve your English. It's really pretty impossible to understand. Do not always just hack away every thought that comes to your mind but write clear descriptions and questions. Otherwise it's impossible to help you because I can't read your mind and I don't have the time to try to decipher what could have been meant by your posting. It can't be that difficult to write better English. Take your time to write your questions. Then you might get help as well.
Well as the north american native:

VAMP player using the videocodecs doesn't stop the movie, it only paused them, with a new play the movie begin from you have stoped it.
VAMP player using plugin stop the movie and with a new play the movie begin from 0.

Hollywood doesn't handle the movies with the codecs, but yes with the plugins.
This problem is with Windows 7, also using plugins on Windows with videocodecs installed, the movie plays very slow the picture goes slow and the sound goes normal.

This problems is under Windows not under AmigaOS4.1.5 neither MorphOS 3.1
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Andreas, already I found a solution for this problem when I play the stop I use the instruction SeekVideo(1,0) to come back to begin the movies.