Installation on MorphOS

Report any Hollywood bugs here
amigadave

Installation on MorphOS

Post by amigadave »

I just finished installing Hollywood5 on my MorphOS computer and thought I should share the slight problem I had during the installation process with the rest of you and maybe for Andreas to look into, to see if he needs to make an adjustment in the installation script.

The installation went smoothly, until it asked me to insert my original Hollywood CD to verify the update process. The current installation script appears to be using parts of the installation process from the CD, and not from the OS on the hard drive. The reason I say this is because when it asks for the original Hollywood CD and I remove the Hollywood5 update CD and insert my CD, it then asks for the Hollywood5 CD again, because it appears to be running the file requester from the CD and not from the hard drive. This puts you into an endless loop of swapping the update CD and original Hollywood CD into the CD/DVD drive, if you only have one optical drive in your computer and don't have a USB optical drive available to plug in to your system to complete the installation process.

I finally got the installation process to quit, without the verification of my original Hollywood CD for the update process. I then removed the Hollywood5 CD and inserted my Hollywood2 original CD and started the Hollywood GUI, which then asked me to insert and verify my original Hollywood CD and I was able to complete the verification process.

So, if anyone else has the same problem, just keep going and you should be able to get a complete upgrade to version 5 of Hollywood on your MorphOS computer. This install was on my 1.67GHz G4 PowerBook running MorphOS3.0 beta, but it should be the same on any version of MorphOS2.x, or any other model of MorphOS computer.
Juan Carlos

Re: Installation on MorphOS

Post by Juan Carlos »

I installed Hollywood 5 on my Mac Mini with MorphOS and I hadn't problems, although I did the installation without CD from the iso that with morphOS is open as a drawer, the installation script aske me the previous version the Hollywood and I haven't problems, although I had some respect because the installer scripts from Amiga OS 3.9 and OS4 have instructions that don't run very fine under installer the morphOS, but I have installed Hollywood 5 in my MorphOS and without problems.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Installation on MorphOS

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

It doesn't happen here on MorphOS 2.7. Maybe it's a 3.0 specific issue. I'll have to check that once 3.0 becomes publicly available.