resource monitor, virtual files

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
Flinx

resource monitor, virtual files

Post by Flinx »

I would suggest that the resource monitor also shows the number of virtual files.
Flinx

Re: resource monitor, virtual files

Post by Flinx »

BTW, after I fixed my big bug with the virtual files I took a closer look at the memory usage, and it seems I have another small memory leak to find, which I haven't managed to do yet.
The resource monitor is not very informative here either. Is it possible to get information about the variables and their memory size?

Edit: Sorry, both posts were intended for the Hollywood wishlist.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: resource monitor, virtual files

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Flinx wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:44 pm I would suggest that the resource monitor also shows the number of virtual files.
Not really doable because read-only virtual files created by DefineVirtualFile() are really just specially formatted-strings. The only real virtual files are the ones created by DefineVirtualFileFromString(). These could be shown in the resource monitor but this could be getting confusing because the files created by DefineVirtualFile() aren't shown so I think it's better to leave it out.
Flinx wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:13 pm Is it possible to get information about the variables and their memory size?
Should be possible using GCInfo()...