Compiler HDD space allocation

Please post anything related to the Hollywood APK Compiler here
amyren

Compiler HDD space allocation

Post by amyren »

My win laptop hdd starts to get full so I started to analyze what I could remove to free some space.
I found that the compiler had just above 7GB data stored in the Appdata folder.
There is one folder per package I have ever compiled, from 230 to 657MB
The Clean Target button in the Compiler will clean the current package and remove the folder. But I have a lot of folders, so it takes a while.

My question is what does the Compiler do when cleaning the current target?
Is it only deleting that directory, or does it wipe anything else.
Could I just delete those folders in one go, or is it best to do the process one by one by using the Clean operation?
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Compiler HDD space allocation

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

amyren wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 am I found that the compiler had just above 7GB data stored in the Appdata folder.
Yeah, welcome to the age of bloatware, but don't blame the APK Compiler for it. These are all temporary build files generated by the Android Studio build chain. It's crazy that all this stuff is needed to build APKs that are a just few MBs in size. But I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about this. What Android Studio does is just all very bloated...
amyren wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:26 am My question is what does the Compiler do when cleaning the current target?
Is it only deleting that directory, or does it wipe anything else.
Cleaning the current target will delete the directory %APPDATA%/AirsoftSoftwair/APKCompiler/<current project>, nothing else. Of course you can also do that manually or if you want to clean all targets, just delete all project subdirectories in that %APPDATA%/AirsoftSoftwair/APKCompiler.