Debian 12 x64 RapaGUI HTMLView installation problem

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
mbergmann-hd

Debian 12 x64 RapaGUI HTMLView installation problem

Post by mbergmann-hd »

Hi,

I'm on Debian 12 "Bookworm" x64, using Hollywood X. Tried to install RapaGUI with HTMLview, both from /RapaGUI_Linux/Plugins/gtk2/x64/htmlview and /RapaGUI_Linux/Plugins/gtk3/x64/htmlview, copying rapagui.hwp to /Hollywood/Plugins/. RapaGUI plugin only shows up in Hollywood if I choose the gtk3 nohtmlview plugin, so I guess gtk3 must already be installed. Now if I compile HTMLView example, Hollywood moans: error creatin MOAI object "HTMLView". The Program can't be started (obviously I don't have HTMLView then...).

I might have missed some dependencies for Gtk. What packages am I supposed to install in order to get it working?

Thanks for any hints!
plouf

Re: Debian 12 x64 RapaGUI HTMLView installation problem

Post by plouf »

i have no linux background but manau lsays htmlview reguires WebKitGTK+
which afaik is a special gtk3 (or gtk2) compile WITH gtk+ build in
on top of that two rapagui plugins exist one for gtk+ and one without

so you need 1) gtk3 with gtk+ and 2) rapagui plugin for gtk+
Christos
mbergmann-hd

Post by mbergmann-hd »

Gtk+ is a C++ wrapper around gtk and is installed in Versions 4 and 6 on Debian Linux 12. I'm pretty sure I've installed all of it I could find in the repo - unfortunately there is no dedicated HTMLViev-gtk+ in the repos, so it must be part of something else on debian 12. The problem still persists.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Since Hollywood plugins are just shared objects on Linux you can always use readelf to check the components required by a Hollywood plugin. The GTK3 build of RapaGUI with HTMLview requires libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0. Have you got that?