Feature request

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
Tuxedo

Feature request

Post by Tuxedo »

Hi!
I'm not sure how to explain exactly that...hope that I can do it simply...
Basically I'm used to a certain behavior of the cursor on the editor Annotate on AmigaOS4 that I dont have in the Win IDE and I dislike it...
So...The cursor have to remain in the same column of the last time while I press up or down cursor arrows till I dont move it right or left..
Practically if my cursor was on column 20 for example and I press the up arrow and it pass from a line with no code it was on 0 column, if it pass a line with 30 characters it will be in 20 position, if it pass in aline with 10 chars it pass in position 11(so at end of the text)...
I'll really in panic to se the cursor in 0 position while moving it up or down when pass from empty line or from 20 to 10 if the line above my movement have 9 characters...

Hope that was quite clear(I hope...), and also Hope that can be added an option to add that feature.

Thank you!
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Feature request

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Sorry, won't come. The Hollywood IDE inherits the behaviour of Windows' Rich Edit Control and imposing a different cursor move behaviour on that control could cause all sorts of undesired side effects.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Hum...
That was sad...
But the official IDE was the only editor with function browser, play button and compiling options right?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

You have lots of alternatives on Windows... you could also use the Hollywood plugins for Visual Studio Code, Notepad++ or SciTE. All those editors probably allow you to add play and compile buttons as well.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

ATM I use Notepad++ with RunMe plugin that works ok with keyboard shortcut, not found a simple way to add buttons, but was ok that way atm.
I also tryed VisualStudio, but was also too much for me atm...