Any way to play sample till the end when quitting program?

Discuss any general programming issues here
Bugala

Any way to play sample till the end when quitting program?

Post by Bugala »

Today came to my mind an idea that when Quitting from game, it could play a sample that would continue to play till the end of that sample even after the program has quit.

As in, having a shutdown sample.

Is this doable in Hollywood currently without actually keeping the program open? As in, after using End(), is there any way to keep the sample playing till end?
plouf

Re: Any way to play sample till the end when quitting program?

Post by plouf »

No and from the user experience i think its not good
If rhe user closes means it was stop anythink

Programamtically if you want just close all resources (screens windows etc )and remain minimized play

But from user experience i would expect to remain a small window in the bottrom for exaplmple with title "Goodbye player" or whatever. To give user an optical and easy way to terminate it if is not prefered .
Christos
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

yeah, was thinking this myself too, that basically when program ends, it really should end.

Only thing that came to my mind was if there had been some possibility to play sample through system audio or something like that. Like windows itself has some notification sounds and systems, so maybe something like this could exist that could be used to play a sound even after program ends, as long as it was started before end.
jPV

Post by jPV »

I've made own quit function in RNOTunes, which closes all open windows of the program first, and then fades down the music with a SetMusicVolume() loop when the program is seemingly already closed. But I do all this before calling End.

If you want to play something after End, you'll have to use something external that operating system offers (a shell command, for example), but it will be an OS specific solution and you must provide different solution for each OS you plan to support.