AVCodec and Emulation...

Anything related to Hollywood Designer goes in here
jPV

Re: AVCodec and Emulation...

Post by jPV »

Tuxedo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:38 pm So only wayto solve tnat was to put the mui.royale plugin inthe LoView archive?
Or don't enable GlobalPlugins, but require or try to load all plugins you think your program might need. You can replace ExitOnError() with the question mark nowadays to get shorter code for optional things (see Error handling).

To require MUIRoyale:

Code: Select all

@OPTIONS {GlobalPlugins=False} ; Or leave the option away completely.

; Insert plugins you require here, they will be loaded from Libs:Hollywood/ too
@REQUIRE "MUIRoyale"

ConsolePrint(mui.IsVersion4())

; Try to load other optional plugins from Libs:Hollywood/
?LoadPlugin("JPEG2000")
?LoadPlugin("TIFF")  
?LoadPlugin("Blabla")
Or if you want to keep MUIRoyale optional:

@OPTIONS {GlobalPlugins=False}

Local err = ?LoadPlugin("MUIRoyale")
If err Then ConsolePrint(GetErrorName(err)) Else MUIRoyaleOK = True

If MUIRoyaleOK Then ConsolePrint(mui.IsVersion4())
For the other plugins you confirm me that all works ok?
I haven't tried with other plugins... concentrated on the one you reported :)
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Well...since LoView was an old project and have a lot of old code inside I wont rewrite everything... P
So the Error handling was ok in that way I think...

BTW I tryed and putting the muiroyale.hwp in the LoVIew directory seems to solve the issue and also other plugins was loaded so I simply write in the LoView.readme file how to install the plugin and maybe I can put directly the muiroyale.hwp in the LoView.lha file? I understand right?
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
jPV

Post by jPV »

Tuxedo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:28 pm BTW I tryed and putting the muiroyale.hwp in the LoVIew directory seems to solve the issue and also other plugins was loaded so I simply write in the LoView.readme file how to install the plugin and maybe I can put directly the muiroyale.hwp in the LoView.lha file? I understand right?
Yea, the plugin is freely distributable (with some conditions mentioned in the documentation), and you can include it in this kind of program.
I usually include all plugins I know are important to the program, so users don't need to check any requirements or install any extras. HD space isn't a problem nowadays anymore, and that way they get the plugin versions I've tested the program, it's their responsibility if they want to swap some of the plugins to newer versions or something like that then.

And one other option that came in my mind now, you could link the muiroyale.hwp file into the executable and that would solve your issues for now. Then it doesn't matter if or where the plugin is, because it's always loaded from the executable itself.

@REQUIRE "MUIRoyale", {Link = True}
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Well the link option was really nice to me and Ill use it for sure for MUIRoyale and maybe some other things....

Thank you.
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

jPV wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:25 pm Yeah, there seems to be a bug in Hollywood, I can reproduce it too.
Thanks for the tests, I'll check it out.