AVCodec and Emulation...

Anything related to Hollywood Designer goes in here
Tuxedo

AVCodec and Emulation...

Post by Tuxedo »

Hello,
I'm to release a new version of LoView and found that the play audio feature works oddly on emulation...
On AMiKit 8.5 works tilll last version (2.91), now with mp3 get format not supported and have the latest AVCodec installed.
On AmigaOS4.x dont works at all(I locks after chhosing the music and the program was completely locked), but there maybe was my configuration fault maybe...
Also on AROS the new version like on AMiKit dont recognize mp3 failes...it says "unsupported format"...

Than kyou for help!
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Tuxedo

Re: AVCodec and Emulation...

Post by Tuxedo »

I'm here again...
Thanks to my beta tester, I found a weird behaviour of Hollywood(or maybe something I missed to read..)..

The MUIRoyale plugin was corectly loaded in installed in LIBS:Hollywood, bur the AVCodec no...it have to be putted in the same directory of LoVIew...
The same for ogg and other plugins...

There was some problem or my mistake? BTW I tryed LoView 2.51(That was compiled with Hollywood 5) and all works correctly...there was any change in post Hollywood 5 ?
jPV

Post by jPV »

Probably this change in Hollywood 9.0:

- Change [Amiga]: Executables compiled by Hollywood will no longer load all plugins from LIBS:Hollywood by
default; scripts which want to have that behaviour need to use the new GLOBALPLUGINS argument/tooltype
or the new "GlobalPlugins" tag in @OPTIONS now; note that plugins you @REQUIRE will still be loaded from
LIBS:Hollywood, though (but only if they can't be found in the program directory)
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Hum...
but exactly for what reason?

Wasnt messy to have many Hollywood exe with many duplicates plugins inside?
jPV

Post by jPV »

Here's some reasoning for it (both my and Andreas thoughts):
viewtopic.php?p=12377#p12377

You can always @REQUIRE plugins you know you need in your script, and then they'll be loaded from the global directory as before.
Or do ?LoadPlugin("avcodec") if you want to keep it optional, but loaded if found globally.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

I encountered some weird things...
Any reason that with @REQUIRE "muiroyale" Hollywqood says that the plugin was loaded 2 times and the mui wont start like the plugin not loladed?

If I remove the @REQUIRE command and put the plugin in the program directory it works...

SAme beahviour with:

@OPTIONS {Encoding = #ENCODING_ISO8859_1, GlobalPlugins = True}

ALL other plugins works(at least the tested) and muiroyuale wont....
jPV

Post by jPV »

Hmm... I'm doing @REQUIRE "muiroyale" with all my programs and never had any issues like that. Or actually I'm doing @REQUIRE "muiroyale", {Version=1, Revision=7} mostly... do you happen to have mixed versions of muiroyale.hwp in different directories?
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

jPV wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:52 am Hmm... I'm doing @REQUIRE "muiroyale" with all my programs and never had any issues like that. Or actually I'm doing @REQUIRE "muiroyale", {Version=1, Revision=7} mostly... do you happen to have mixed versions of muiroyale.hwp in different directories?
I dont need mandatory MUIRoyale so use the bottom code to indentify if MUIRoyale was present in the system:

Code: Select all

ExitOnError(False)
	LoadPlugin ("MUIRoyale", {Version = 1, Revision = 7})
	Local debugCAR = GetLastError() ; controllo se il comando precedente è riuscito o meno...
ExitOnError(True)

If debugCAR <> 0 Or DELETEinfo = 1
	Local debugname$ = GetErrorName(debugCAR); controllo il messaggio di errore
	Local Errore = SystemRequest(NomeProg$, debugname$ .. "\nLoView Preferences editor wont be available!!!!!\nPlease download Hollywood plugins from:\nhttp://www.hollywood-mal.com/download.html", "Ok", #REQICON_ERROR)
	MUIRoyaleOK = 0
Else
	MUIRoyaleOK = 1
EndIf

The main problem was that if I copy the same muiroyale.hwp plugin form libs:Hollywood from LoView main directory it works, but If I left it in LIBS:Hollywood dont...and that wasnt as expectec using GlobalPlugin = True arguiment...

So...wheres the problem? My mistake?

And also...

The above code return me the MUIRoyaleOK variable to know how the check goes and it was 1 also when it dont works! So the plugin seems loaded correctly form the code...but the Program wont start and gives me the error:

Table mui{} not found!

But with the plugin in LoView directoy it works...so I cant manage why...

The Table mui{} was in that routine(only the beginning):

Function p_PrefsEditor()

If 	MUIRoyaleOK	= 0 Then Return() ; se MUI Royale 1.2 non è installato allora non eseguo il codice che mi fa aprire il Prefs editor!

continua = 0    ; questa variabile mi serve per restare nel prefs editor finchè non ho finito di impostare le mie preferenze se il ciclo principale di LoView non è aperto...

DebugPrint("EDITOR PREFERENZE")
mui.CreateGUI([[
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<application icon="LoView.info" base="LoViewPrefsEditor" id="app">
    <menustrip id="mymenustrip">
	<menu title="Project">
	    <item id="menabout" notify="selected">About...</item>

jPV

Post by jPV »

Tuxedo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:46 pm The main problem was that if I copy the same muiroyale.hwp plugin form libs:Hollywood from LoView main directory it works, but If I left it in LIBS:Hollywood dont...and that wasnt as expectec using GlobalPlugin = True arguiment...

So...wheres the problem? My mistake?

And also...

The above code return me the MUIRoyaleOK variable to know how the check goes and it was 1 also when it dont works! So the plugin seems loaded correctly form the code...but the Program wont start and gives me the error:

Table mui{} not found!

But with the plugin in LoView directoy it works...so I cant manage why...
Yeah, there seems to be a bug in Hollywood, I can reproduce it too.

Here are couple minimal examples how to reproduce it when you have muiroyale.hwp only in Libs but not in progdir.

@OPTIONS {GlobalPlugins=True}
Local err = ?LoadPlugin ("MUIRoyale")
ConsolePrint(GetErrorName(err))
ConsolePrint(mui.IsVersion4()) 

@REQUIRE "MUIRoyale"
EDIT: Well, actually it doesn't work at all with the GlobalPlugins, even though it reports it being loaded:

Local ok, loaded = HavePlugin("MUIRoyale")
ConsolePrint(ok, loaded) 

And it only happens with compiled executables, not with scripts ran with the Hollywood interpreter.
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

@JPV

thank you for the time spent looking on it!
So only wayto solve tnat was to put the mui.royale plugin inthe LoView archive?

For the other plugins you confirm me that all works ok?

In my tests I also get a weird "plugin was already loaded" and not working the same...now dont remember when...and how...

Thank you!