Listview CheckBox column & AROS

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
mrupp

Listview CheckBox column & AROS

Post by mrupp »

Hi there

I think I found a false statement in the RapaGUI docs, chapter Listviewcolumn.Editable:
https://www.hollywood-mal.com/docs/html ... table.html:
Also, Listviewcolumn.Checkbox and Listviewcolumn.Editable are mutually exclusive. You cannot create editable checkbox columns.
And similar here for Listviewcolumn.Checkbox:
https://www.hollywood-mal.com/docs/html ... ckbox.html
To get notified whenever the user toggles a checkbox state, you have to listen to the Listview.ValueChange attribute.
Also note that Listviewcolumn.Checkbox and Listviewcolumn.Editable and Listviewcolumn.Icon are mutually exclusive. You cannot create checkbox columns that are editable or show icons
I would say it's the other way round: You cannot create checkbox columns that are not editable. As it's saying in the sentence before, the user can toggle a checkbox state. To me, this means the column is editable.

Now, that said, there seems to be an issue with AROS:
Let's take the RapaGUI example script "Dynamic5" and try it on different platforms. Run it and add a checkbox column.
On all platforms I checked (AOS3, AOS4, MOS, Win64, mac64) the checkboxes in the checkbox column are editable, meaning clicking on them will toggle the checkbox state.
The only exception is AROS, where the checkbox can't be toggled.

A RapaGUI- or an AROS/Zune-bug?
Hopefully this can be resolved with some future RapaGUI version...

Cheers,
Michael
jPV

Re: Listview CheckBox column & AROS

Post by jPV »

There are "millions" of things that don't work with Zune, it's quite buggy with MUI compatibility and doesn't support newer MUI features, so I would say it's a Zune issue if it works on all other platforms. I've come across with numerous incompatibilities with Zune when writing my programs, and I've talked some of the bugs on AROS forums and deadwood has fixed some of them, but there still would be tens of issues I haven't mentioned anywhere because I just don't have time to be an AROS betatester either.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

jPV wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:43 am There are "millions" of things that don't work with Zune, it's quite buggy with MUI compatibility and doesn't support newer MUI features, so I would say it's a Zune issue if it works on all other platforms.
+1

I have also given up on Zune issues. It's definitely enough having to support the two different branches of MUI for MorphOS and OS3/OS4. For AROS, I think they should just port the OS3/OS4 MUI branch and ditch Zune. Feel free to sign my petition I started almost 10 years ago ;)
jPV

Post by jPV »

In any case, if someone wants issues to be fixed on Zune, it most likely doesn't need anything from Hollywood's side. In my experience the bugs can be fixed in Zune and that's it, it starts to work with Hollywood programs when you update AROS (components). If someone has time, motivation, and patience, just report the issues to AROS developer(s). deadwood has been active lately and he has some bug tracker too... here's an example what he pushed there from complaints on forums regarding one of my program: https://github.com/deadwood2/AROS/issues/104
mrupp

Post by mrupp »

OK, thanks for clarifying, guys, good to know this is a Zune bug and not a RapaGUI one.

But the docs should be corrected, right?
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

mrupp wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:09 am But the docs should be corrected, right?
Yup, that will be corrected :)