Minor Bug: Copy-Paste Paste failing on Windows 10 and 11

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
Bugala

Minor Bug: Copy-Paste Paste failing on Windows 10 and 11

Post by Bugala »

When I paint some part, right mouse click to COPY, and then right mouse click to PASTE, nothing happens.

If I however use Ctrl-C after having used right mouse click to COPY, it does PASTE the stuff I copied, so problem is only with right mouse PASTE.

I dont remember if I have reported this possibly before too, since I thought this was just rare problem conflicting with something in my computer, but I just changed to a new Windows 11 computer, and this same problem is happening with this too suggesting it might not be such a rarity to happen. Might well be conflicting with something in my computer, but it does happen on both old and new, and it doesn't happen always, just randomly but quite often. And just to point out, Mouse Right-Click Copy-Paste does work on other programs normally, it only affects Hollywood IDE when it happens.
plouf

Re: Minor Bug: Copy-Paste Paste failing on Windows 10 and 11

Post by plouf »

you mean use mouse and make a selection, that turn selected letteres to blue , then right click on top of blue and select copy ?

because this works here
hw 64bit win11
Christos
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

yeah, that exactly. Some random times it doesnt work. Most of times does work. Had the problem with the old machine, and now with the new one too.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Does this also occur with CTRL-C or only when using the mouse?
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Seems I said wrong there at one point.

Only Affects mouse. I can use CTRL-V to paste the stuff I COPIED, just not Mouse. I accidentally in original message said CTRL-C, when I meant to say CTRL-V (PASTE).

To repeat. I can first use mouse paint to COPY. But when I mouse PASTE it fails. However, if after that using CTRL-V (PASTE), it does work.

Therefore it appears that mouse painting COPY does work, that only mouse PASTE fails.

Edit:
Just realised your question might have meant if mouse PASTE also fails when using CTRL-C.

I am not sure. My recalling is that I have tried this way too and it failed, but I am not sure. Will try next time this happens.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Hmm, can't really reproduce it. Is there any way to trigger this bug or is it completely random?
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

I suppose it is triggered by something, but I don't know by what. I try to keep an eye on it and when it happens, try to recall what I have been doing with the computer.