Alternatives to Google Play store for publishing

Please post anything related to the Hollywood APK Compiler here
amyren

Alternatives to Google Play store for publishing

Post by amyren »

I did publish a few games on Google Play a while back, but I remember it being quite a cumbersome process to do so back then.
Since then, Google keep on pushing new requirements and demanding updates, or else they remove the app.
I think I have one out of my four apps still available on the playstore. I expect its only a matter of time before the last one goes as well.
My excuse was waiting for a fix for the sdcard issues before updating, but I could probably make a workaround so all storage goes elsewhere. So lazyness is probably the main thing here.

I guess apkcompiler 4.4 non pro version meets the current API 31 requirement? But according to google the targeted API level must not less than 2 years older that the latest API level, so it is a never ending race.
Then you have the google policies and privacy requirements that make you feel like studying to be a lawyer trying to figure out what you need to do to meet the requirements.

This makes it tempting to look for play store alternatives.
I know there are apkmirror and others, but apkmirror looks so easy to upload to that it feels like they are to sloppy. No login, just provide an email adress and upload the apk. It looks like you have no way to administrate your app once uploaded. And these services are for free apps only, so no way to sell apps there.
Then there is Amazon Play Store. Does anyone have any experience with that as a developer?
plouf

Re: Alternatives to Google Play store for publishing

Post by plouf »

As long as amazon store belong too. In "mon trust sources" i doupt payments will be possible or viable

Since they force tou to "trust" only them. Payments is practically oneway root to official stores only....
Christos
amyren

Post by amyren »

I did go through that process at google play, so I managed to republish one of my games.
As I anticipated there was even more policies than before to comply to, and the interface feels like a challenge to navigate through so is not straight forward to find all the things you need to fulfill. At some point I was thinking that the publishing process is more challenging than programming the app. But finally its complete and out there.

Today I decided to give the Amazon Store a try.
There are quite a few options to fill in there as well, but only a fraction of the google one. Compared to the nightmarish google process, this was like a dream. This was a free app, so the fee rates are not an issue so far.
zylesea

Post by zylesea »

I also took the plunge to remove the issues on google play. I second all you said. It's no fun and the hurdes to publish are rather high. Te API leve issue of course is not yet resolved..
And its kind of strange that you exlicitly must declare all these things, declaring that stop watch or reaction test is no Covid-19 contact manager...
A hobby, low volume regulation would be good. Say, the first 5k installations are on good trust/word or so.
TearsOfMe

Post by TearsOfMe »

Yeah. It ist a pain in the a..
I gave up at the point were 20 App testers for 14days are required. The money for the registration is so lost.
Okay maybe my failure not gain all information for the process in ahead.
I gave Amazon a try, which is easy to use in comparison . But nobody in my circle of friends seems to use it.