OSVERSION: AmigaOS 3.2
OSROMS: Kickstart 3.2
HOLLYWOOD: 10.0
PLUGIN: Plananarama 2.2 (a68k-amiga)
HARDWARE: Amiga1200 - Blizzard 1230IV/50Mhz/32MB (No FPU) - Indivision AGA MK3
UI LANGUAGE: German
WB-SCREENMODE: HIGHGFX: Super-High Res Laced 1024x768 32 colors

DESCRIPTION:
When starting the Plananarama-Demo "Sprites" it opens a black LORES-Screen but the Sprites are not being Displayed until i drag the Menubar a bit down or Switch-Screen to Workbench (LAMIGA - N) and back (LAMIGA - M).

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Start Plananarama-Demo "Sprites"
- Drag Screen a bit down or Switch-Screen to Worbench (LAMIGA - N) and back to Sprites-Screen (LAMIGA - M).

EXPECTED RESULTS:
- Sprites should Displayed immediately.

MODIFICATIONS:
- FBlit 3.79
- AmiTCP 3.0ß2
- AmiSSL 5.13

ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONS:
I remove FBlit to sort things out but same result. I downloaded Plananarama-Plugin again and compare it.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Plananarama 2.2 - Sprites are not Displayed until Screendrag or Screen-Switch

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Does this only happen on real hardware? On WinUAE it's working fine. My real hardware is currently broken so I can't test it on an A1200.
fingus

Re: Plananarama 2.2 - Sprites are not Displayed until Screendrag or Screen-Switch

Post by fingus »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:27 pm Does this only happen on real hardware? On WinUAE it's working fine. My real hardware is currently broken so I can't test it on an A1200.
On my real A1200 and on WinUAE. I'm using the same Bootimage.

I did download it from your Server again, reinstall Hollywood 68k and Plananarama 2.2-Plugin again but with the same results!
airsoftsoftwair

Maybe it's related to 3.2 since I cannot reproduce this on any system. Can you test it on OS3.1 or OS3.9? I don't have a 3.2 system here.
fingus

Post by fingus »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:51 pm Maybe it's related to 3.2 since I cannot reproduce this on any system. Can you test it on OS3.1 or OS3.9? I don't have a 3.2 system here.
Thats possible. Or its result of my tests with guigfx.library and render.library, I had problems with my FPU-less Blizzard1230IV, we discuss it here in the Forum, did you remember?
Meanwhile i got a StormPi32-Card in my A1200 which emulates 68040 with FPU pretty fast and nice and with RTG-Support. I will reinstall Hollywood with FPU-Support, maybe there is a possible Problem.
airsoftsoftwair

Guigfx.library and render.library can't be the problem here because they aren't used when running Hollywood in palette mode on a planar screen using Plananarama.