Idea: Build a Bugreport-Tool

Everything that doesn't really have to do with Hollywood
fingus

Idea: Build a Bugreport-Tool

Post by fingus »

Maybe someone here can code a nice GUI Bugreport-Tool which collects all neccessary System-Infos (Hollywood-Version, Installed Plugins, used Hardware...) like i did by Hand in this Bug-Report . And the the Text can be copied and paste here as Bug-Report in a uniform Format.

I'm not into GUI-Coding (MUI, RAPA..etc) and more into Double-Buffered-Windows/Screens :D ,
so it's maybe a nice project for some GUI-Coders here.
Bugala

Re: Idea: Build a Bugreport-Tool

Post by Bugala »

Well, this one brought something to my mind.

If i correctly recall, EASY AMOS (and probably those others too) used to have a great debugging tool.

Idea was that when you ran your program, you could choose a debugger option where you would need to click for each line to be executed, and you were at same time able to follow or the variables values.

Since Hollywood is anyway being ran through interpreter or something, I wonder would it be possible to have something like this?

In best case you would get buttons of "play normal" "play 1 step" "pause".

This way you could keep playing your software with normal speed to the point you wish to examine more closely, and at that point you could click "pause" and then use "play 1 step" to move forward one line at a time.

And naturally, a way to at same time see the values of your variables, but it isnt very hard to yourself display a window that shows these values which you are interested in, so variable value showing is not necessary, what is difficult to do yourself in Hollywood is to make an option where lines would be executed one by one by clicking a button.
plouf

Re: Idea: Build a Bugreport-Tool

Post by plouf »

Using a predefined report form is very well practice i agree

But isnt too much a"tool" ?
I mean if we decide in a format we can just copy paste it in the new post thread ?!
Christos