Noise with progress bar to download in RAM:

Discuss GUI programming with the RapaGUI plugin here
papiosaur

Noise with progress bar to download in RAM:

Post by papiosaur »

Hello,

when i download a file with DownloadFile() and i use a progress bar, i have a continue noise of the harddisk during progress bar when i download a file to RAM:. Normally the harddisk don't work in this case.

Seem progress bar function read (or write?) many times on the harddisk to update the progress bar, that's it?

It will be possible to locate this function to RAM: to remove the read (write?) on harddisk please?

Thanks for your return!
jPV

Re: Noise with progress bar to download in RAM:

Post by jPV »

You say "noise", do you mean an actual audible buzz where you are basing your observation about HD access? Can you monitor HD access by software in any way to confirm it's actually accessing HD? When running on MorphOS, please enable Drivelamps screenbar module and see if it's flashing or not? And if running MorphOS on Powerbooks, for example (I don't know your exact setup), I can hear some kind of buzz on it when using network. I also thought that it's noise from HD or fan, but then I've come to conclusion that it's the network interface that keeps the funny buzzing sound while downloading :)
papiosaur

Re: Noise with progress bar to download in RAM:

Post by papiosaur »

@jPV, i think you have right! My config is a Powerbook and there is not activity on the HD...

Thanks for your help :-)