The eternal IDE bug

Forum for discussion about the Windows IDE of Hollywood
Juan Carlos

Re: The eternal IDE bug

Post by Juan Carlos »

Neither I use the search option until copy and paste the code to happen that bug, this is the reason the strange problem.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Well, even if this is a bug I don't think it warrants spending any time to fix it because it's very hard to reproduce and AFAICS it's a rather cosmetic issue. If it crashed the whole app I'd have some motivation to fix it but this looks more like a minor glitch so not worth spending hours on trying to pin it down.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Ok, I understand is difficult to hunt this bug. Only that it is there inside the IDE and it cans be a problem if you don't save your code.
Clyde

Post by Clyde »

Maybe create a video to show the problem?
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

I am sorry but the new version on Windows 7 continues with the problem with the right mouse button and its crashed.
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

That doesn't sound like the copy and paste problem you described earlier here in the thread. What right mouse button crash are you talking about?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Flinx wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:21 pm That doesn't sound like the copy and paste problem you described earlier here in the thread. What right mouse button crash are you talking about?
Yes because is the second problem, the first the paste ad copy, happen 1 of 100 times, but the crashed the IDE with the right button with this new version again is here, with the 9.1 this problem doesn't happened, is a cyclic problem.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Well, continuing with the strange bug report of the Windows IDE on Windows 7, it's funny how sometimes the functions that are displayed in the right pane disappear strangely, and I have to restart the IDE. But in the end, I think that reporting these bugs does not serve to improve a product in professional theory, especially for the money it costs.
amyren

Post by amyren »

Juan Carlos wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:54 am Well, continuing with the strange bug report of the Windows IDE on Windows 7, it's funny how sometimes the functions that are displayed in the right pane disappear strangely, and I have to restart the IDE. But in the end, I think that reporting these bugs does not serve to improve a product in professional theory, especially for the money it costs.
Especially considering if it is a Windows 7 only issue. Windows 7 has reached its EOL in 2020, so I guess new software will not be tested so much on unsupported OS version. Its to bad though, personally I would prefer Windows 7 over any recent windows version.

But here is a glitch I found that happens on both Windows 10 and 11.
To reproduce:
Open a script that is large so you need to scroll to see all.
Mark a block of text larger than the visible area.
Use TAB to move the block to the right
Now you should se something disturbing at the top of the window

What happens here is that the marked block stays still, but one line will apear at the top and that line seem to move.
It apears to be a visual glitch only, because if you scoll up past it and back again it will look normal.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

amyren wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:57 pm But here is a glitch I found that happens on both Windows 10 and 11.
To reproduce:
Open a script that is large so you need to scroll to see all.
Mark a block of text larger than the visible area.
Use TAB to move the block to the right
Now you should se something disturbing at the top of the window
Yep, indeed. Will be fixed. Thanks for reporting!