Error: Too many local variables!

Anything related to Hollywood Designer goes in here
dan.hutch

Error: Too many local variables!

Post by dan.hutch »

Hi all,

I'm getting the following error message when trying to run my project in Hollywood Designer:

Not sure what this means exactly so had a look at the code in Codebench and can't see what's wrong. :|

Code: Select all

Local br, free = p_GetObject(#BRUSH, "Brushes/boing", False, {Transparency = $ffffffff, LoadAlpha = 1})
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Error: Too many local variables!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Interesting. Can you please send me your project via email? Then I'll have a look what's wrong there.
airsoftsoftwair

This bug is fixed now.
dwayne_jarvis

Post by dwayne_jarvis »

Hello Andreas,

I am getting this error. so not sure why. Got this error last week when I was converting SDLShooter2 from Parallel Realities (C Source Code) and have been able to work through and convert all other previous SDL Tutorials until I get to this one. For the most part this tutorial was owkring up until the last section of the tutorial when additional features were added.

The issue is not with the functions themselves as the error comes up no matter where I am in the source code once it reaches a certain number of included files and if I change the functions so they are not local functions in some of the files to functions the project will run (albeit I have to finish troubleshooting the new features added in this last part of the project).

Each of the tutorials have been getting larger as I progress so this is the first time I have seen this error.

I updated to Hollywood 10 on the weekend and reverted a number of the functions back to local and this error popped again, so it is not fixed in the most recent version.

Regards,

Dwayne
airsoftsoftwair

Could be a programming error like too many recursions. I'd have to see some source codes that triggers the issue to tell you if it's a Hollywood bug or a programming mistake.