A simple program needed, please.

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
Juan Carlos

Re: A simple program needed, please.

Post by Juan Carlos »

plouf wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:15 pm dont forget that AmiKit by definition runs in modern usually 4/8cores x64 computers....

@jan ... you visit Athens at WRONG time.. the CORRECT time to visit us will be 25-26 feb where Amiga meeting willl take place -> https://amicamp.gr/ ;-)
Yeah using as base the 680xx CPUs.
Jan

Post by Jan »

plouf wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:15 pm @jan ... you visit Athens at WRONG time.. the CORRECT time to visit us will be 25-26 feb where Amiga meeting willl take place -> https://amicamp.gr/ ;-)
Oh, bummer!
Jan

Post by Jan »

Guys, one more question, please.

The video replaying is not smooth even on an emulation on a really fast PC.

I have 960x540 mp4 video which I converted to MPEG-1 AVI with PCM sound (not MP2), but still it's not smooth. I even converted it to 480x270 (and opened it in the 960x540 Hollywood window), but still not smooth.

Is there any other video format I could use? I tried to convert it to CDXL but it seems that Hollywood doesn't recognise it, unfortunately.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

One possibility is that since you are talking of emulation environment, then playing videos is actually quite heavy.

I remember when I got one of those first PPC cards around year 2000, it was maybe 160 Mhz version or something, and one of the things that it made possible, was that I was able to play, was it AVI- or MPEG-video perhaps, smoothly, and Im not sure that was necessarily even a full-screen video.

similarly I remember that it was about 500 Mhz PC around 2000+ year, that made it possible to play DVD-movies without jerkiness, so might be just that.

But perhaps someone else knows better, those are just my vague recallings from the past.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Jan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:00 am Guys, one more question, please.

I have 960x540 mp4 video which I converted to MPEG-1 AVI with PCM sound (not MP2), but still it's not smooth. I even converted it to 480x270 (and opened it in the 960x540 Hollywood window), but still not smooth.
Are you using the FPU or non-FPU version of avcodec.hwp? Those video decoders often use lots of floating point arithmetics so using the FPU version of avcodec.hwp can speed things up.
Jan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:00 am Is there any other video format I could use? I tried to convert it to CDXL but it seems that Hollywood doesn't recognise it, unfortunately.
CDXL should work. Can you provide the CDXL file that Hollywood refuses to play?
Jan

Post by Jan »

Yes, I am using the FPU version of AVCodec.
Will send you the CDXL by email.
Thank you, Andreas!
plouf

Post by plouf »

If you have speed issue an uncompressed format should be chosen like CDXL(Prefdered since its hollywood native)
But also raw /v210 / or even mjpeg should give speed out of video size
Christos
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Jan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:00 am Guys, one more question, please.

Is there any other video format I could use? I tried to convert it to CDXL but it seems that Hollywood doesn't recognise it, unfortunately.
Humm, de he problem and sorry to repeat the 680xx CPUs is the problem, but a solution is one video in Cinepack old codec to play video and a little window sizes, other good video codec is the wmv 6 or 7 because the last 8 or 9 is too much códec for 68k, also you don't forget include the @REQUIERE avcodec plugin.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Jan wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:16 am Will send you the CDXL by email.
I've already replied to Jan via e-mail but for the record: The CDXL file that Hollywood refused to load used some unofficial extensions invented by the AGABlaster guys. Hollywood only supports the official CDXL standard as defined by Commodore.
Jan

Post by Jan »

Thank you all, guys

Any recommendation of Windows or Mac software I can use to convert the .mp4 video to the formats you suggested?

Oh, and one more thing. Is it possible to play one more video if the user closes the Hollywood program? Or I ask for too much of magic? :)