Particle Physics Engine

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
Bugala

Particle Physics Engine

Post by Bugala »

I don't know much about Particle Physics Engines, as I have only started looking at them lately, but perhaps there would be some Particle Physics Engine in LUA that would be easy to port to Hollywood or something.

For thing is, nowadays Particle Physics Engines are very important, especially for 2D games when developing games commercially, due to so-called "Juiciness" (I haven't heard any better term for this than this) and Particle Physics Engine seems to be very much the way to go for many of the 2D games Juiciness effects.

Hence having some more or less official Particle Physics Engine in Hollywood, or perhaps as a plugin, would be very useful and would make it easier for people to start from somewhere at least, for part of the problem for me right now is whether to make one myself and take the risk it is not very good in addition to it taking time to make it, or to perhaps try port some ready existing LUA-code into Hollywood, but not really understanding if that code is good nor how exactly it works.

Hence Particle Physics Engine that would actually have documentation in Hollywood, would be a great thing.
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Particle Physics Engine

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Hasn't Allanon implemented something like this already?!
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Now that you mention, I think he did do at least something like that, Going to check about it from his website.
Allanon

Post by Allanon »

Yep, I've developed a library called GLFX that includes a particle engine, it uses GLGalore for best performances.
Unfortunately there is no much documentation, it is available on my github -> https://github.com/Allanon71/Hollywood-MAL-Libraries
It's the one called GLFX.hws

Here is something I started several years ago (and never finished) using only my GLFX lib:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO7oseq-R-4