was there a way to make sure text is rendered same in different platforms?

Discuss any general programming issues here
Bugala

was there a way to make sure text is rendered same in different platforms?

Post by Bugala »

I have tried to find out info about textout rendering engine, but couldn't find it even I am recalling there have been talks of such in this forum too, but somehow my searches don't yield me the result I am looking for.

My recalling is that Textout command keeps rendering text slightly different on different platforms, but I am also recalling there was some possibility to change the text rendering engine in such way that it would always display text the same way in all platforms.

How was this done?

I only found this FONTENGINE_INBUILT, but I am not sure it is the same thing, and it seems to talk anly about TTF fonts.

I would like default #SANS to be rendered exactly same on each platform.
jPV

Re: was there a way to make sure text is rendered same in different platforms?

Post by jPV »

I guess the #FONTENGINE_INBUILT is the way to go, no matter which kind of font you use:
https://www.hollywood-mal.com/docs/html ... tion_.html
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

@jPV Thanks, this was the exact text I was looking for from the manual, just didnt realise to check it from overview, but this is exactly the text i was recalling that there was something like this somewhere.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Bugala wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:11 pm I would like default #SANS to be rendered exactly same on each platform.
Then just go ahead. #SANS will always use the platform-independent inbuilt renderer, so when using #SANS (or #MONO or #SERIF) text will always look 100% the same on all platforms.
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

Ah, thanks. This will save me a lot of finding when I don't need to find every setfont and add the engine=inbuilt into them.