Am I the only one here using GitHub with Hollywood?

Everything that doesn't really have to do with Hollywood
Bugala

Re: Am I the only one here using GitHub with Hollywood?

Post by Bugala »

Have finally took and started using github. Been using it for about 2 months now.

It indeed is handy and worth it.

However, I do have one big complain, which is that Github is very unintuitive. I still feel pretty much a cripple using it, since I can only get basic things done with it.

Obviously it has lots of good and useful features, but they are very hard to figure out just by using it a bit.

Just updating my main code took a while to figure out how to do it, since it was so unintuitive. But after learning to use it at least a little bit, it already shows its use.

I do recommend using Github or something similar for anyone doing some coding.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

I found the MorphOS sources for Git itself on GitHub. It depends on IXEmul.library though.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

I've contributed some of my scripts and plugin attempts on GitHub to a new organization there. Any who joins the organization are free to team up.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

If somebody needs to add 2 factor authentication and doesn't want to give GitHub your phone number, there is a Python 3 script called MinTOTP that can generate time-based 2 factor authentication keys.

I don't know the status of Python on Amiga any more but it's 30 lines of code. If the dependencies can be ported to Hollywood and a RapaGUI password dialog can be used to enter the fixed password, it might be a handy utility to have.

Source is at https://github.com/susam/mintotp