PROPOSAL-DISCUSSION , Official Move to OpenSource "IDE" ?

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
SamuraiCrow

Re: PROPOSAL-DISCUSSION , Official Move to OpenSource "IDE" ?

Post by SamuraiCrow »

At one point I wanted to write a graphical code editor using RapaGUI but it violated the terms of Hollywood's license agreement. I think Andreas requires not to be excluded from such a development that could import Hollywood source.

As for an IDE being "huge", it's almost all GUI. Just finishing RapaEdit would have us well underway.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
plouf

Post by plouf »

Its no violates any term.

Hollywood had a term to not create somethink completelly wrapping hollywood functions, and call this "plouf-complier"

Function Plouf_cls()
Cls()
Endfunction

Otherwise is allowed

If you plan to make a full blown IDE in hollywood you are welcome ;-)
Christos
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Regarding the graphical editor I was going to work on, it would have been a wrapper for Hollywood with the goals of an alternate compiler for more speed and less memory consumption, and a graphical editor for Android.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:17 pm I think Andreas was interested in doing a "code edit" gadget based on SciTE for RapaGUI at some point. Then the rest could be written in Hollywood.
Yes, this is definitely going to come. I've already added Hollywood support to Scintilla, see here:

Code: Select all

Release 4.2.2 (7 December 2019)
[...]
- Lexer and folder added for Hollywood language. Feature #1324.
Bugala wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:27 pm What comes to the official IDE that comes with Windows version, that also to my understanding is not made from scratch by Andreas, but it is modified version of some pre-existing IDE, similar to how Hollywood is modified version of LUA.
Nope, the Windows IDE is a completely original development by yours truly and it isn't based on any other IDE at all. Actually, writing that IDE was a lot of work because it imposes syntax highlighting on Microsoft's RichEdit control which is not what the control was naturally designed for. It's written in pure C and I think it's very efficient even with huge sources.
plouf

Post by plouf »

so this is a rapagui lib, or a official support for SciTE ?
Christos
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

@plouf

Scintilla is the gadget library SciTE is based on. I think the RichText gadget in wxWidgets uses Scintilla as well. FlowStudio on MorphOS is also based on Scintilla wrapped in an MUI custom class. If Andreas has a Hollywood syntax highlighter for Scintilla, he's definitely on the right track.
airsoftsoftwair

plouf wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:55 pm so this is a rapagui lib, or a official support for SciTE ?
Neither nor. It's part of Scintilla now so once RapaGUI supports Scintilla, this should be available as well. I'm also planning to add Hollywood support to SciTE.
SamuraiCrow wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:29 am I think the RichText gadget in wxWidgets uses Scintilla as well.
The wxStyledTextCtrl does but RapaGUI doesn't support it yet. That's planned, though.
airsoftsoftwair

plouf wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:55 pm so this is a rapagui lib, or a official support for SciTE ?
SciTE now officially supports Hollywood. See here for all details.