oggvorbis and Linux

Discuss about plugins that don't have a dedicated forum
Juan Carlos

oggvorbis and Linux

Post by Juan Carlos »

I am working in my projects on Linux x64 and I can hear how the sounds and songs in Linux has an echo when on MorphOS and Windows not, where is the problem?
airsoftsoftwair

Re: oggvorbis and Linux

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Does that happen only with OggVorbis or with sound playback in general?
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Only I tested with the sound formats that I use 8svx works fine and oggvorbis with this strange echo effect, the others format I don't know because wav and mp3 I don't use to avoid compatibility problems with Amiga systems.
airsoftsoftwair

Please convert the OggVorbis file to MP3 and test if it makes a difference. I need to know whether this is a problem in the format decoder or in the audio output code.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

I tested other option link the executable with the oggvorbis plugin and now the sounds haven' t the echo effect, this is very strange, but with Linux all is possible like Amiga....
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Well, it is very curios, today the same code with the ogg music samples, aren't played only I can hear a noise, but when I start the compiled game these music samples play fine, I think that Hollywood under Linux like in Amiga systems, some days works fine and other not, it's like a ferris wheel. :shock: :o
airsoftsoftwair

Try to come up with an MCVE. If it happens only now and then, try to run your program in a loop and see if the issue can be provoked that way.