RapaGUI 2.0 released

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
admin
Site Admin

RapaGUI 2.0 released

Post by admin »

After almost 4 years of development Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are proud to announce the long awaited release of RapaGUI 2.0. RapaGUI is the cross-platform GUI toolkit for Hollywood that allows you to create GUIs with native widgets for AmigaOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android. GUI layouts in RapaGUI are conveniently defined in XML files which are then converted into full-blown GUIs by RapaGUI on-the-fly. It just doesn't get any easier!

RapaGUI 2.0 is a major update with lots of new features, improvements and bug fixes. Here is a non-exhaustive list of new features in RapaGUI 2.0:

* support for Android!
* high-DPI monitors are now supported
* support for GTK3 on Linux
* core event handler completely rewritten
* convenient internationalization (i18n) support
* inter-process communication is now supported
* online help support
* dark mode support
* different fonts and font styles are now supported
* new Splitter, Finddialog and Hyperlink classes
* many new features for existing classes
* support for several new Hollywood 9 features
* several new examples
* over 50 pages of new documentation
* lots of other improvements and bug fixes

RapaGUI 2.0 is now available for free download from the official Hollywood portal. Thanks to Hollywood's cross-platform plugin system versions for AmigaOS3 (m68k), AmigaOS 4, MorphOS, Linux (ppc, arm, x86, x64), macOS (ppc, x64) and Windows (x86, x64) are provided. RapaGUI comes with almost 350 pages of documentation in various formats like PDF, HTML, AmigaGuide, and CHM that describe the GUI programming basics in detail and provide a convenient function and class reference.

Note that Hollywood 9 is strictly required by RapaGUI 2.0. It won't work with older Hollywood versions. Also note that there are a few minor incompatibilities between RapaGUI 2.0 and 1.x so it might be necessary to adapt your scripts. See the documentation for details.

This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
SamuraiCrow

Re: RapaGUI 2.0 released

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Excellent! I've been waiting for this for a long time!
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
matty47

Post by matty47 »

Thank you!
bitRocky

Post by bitRocky »

Thank you for this new version!

Notify on text changes is now working again on Android, but now I get an error when creating ColGroups.

The RapaDroidTest script from the other thread doesn't start anymore and aborts with the error msg that creating the ColGroup failed.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Right, this was broken, thanks for reporting! I've just pushed a new update through the Play Store that fixes this. Should be available in a few hours. It has a build date of 21st July, 2021.
bitRocky

Post by bitRocky »

Wow, cool!

Update is here and its workings again! Thanks!
amyren

Post by amyren »

Thanks for the update.
Large listviews now loads fast on Windows
Multiple colums can now be set as sortable
readonly option now works for textentries

Just a thought, perhaps there should be a link on the download page for the previous RapaGUI version. There may be people still at HW8 needing it.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

amyren wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:57 pm Just a thought, perhaps there should be a link on the download page for the previous RapaGUI version. There may be people still at HW8 needing it.
If anyone still needs this, just drop me a PM but keep in mind it's almost 4 years old now.
lazi

Post by lazi »

Excellent news! Thank you again!

As RapaGUI developing with more and more features is it affects the future of MUIRoyale?

Do you plan to maintain the two plugins for the same area?

I hope we can rely both of them because MUIRoyal is the best fit for Amiga systems and RapaGUIi is best for portability.
ilbarbax

Post by ilbarbax »

I downloaded the windows version and the Help is showing only the left treeview box while the detail windows is blank for any selection.
Actually I'm using the pdf manual.