Official announcements from the Hollywood team
After more than 2 years of development, Airsoft Softwair, the hardest working men in code business, are proud to announce the immediate availability of Hollywood 9: Sugarcane. Hollywood is a programming language that can be used to create a wide variety of programs, ranging from games and GUI-based applications for desktop systems to mobile apps for Android and iOS. Hollywood's special feature is its support for retro platforms (e.g. AmigaOS, MorphOS, AROS) and modern operating systems (e.g. Windows, macOS, Linux) alike. It comes with a library of almost 1000 commands and its functionality can be extended further through over 30 plugins which are available for free download.
Version 9.0 is a massive update, the biggest since 6.0, and comes with many new features. Here is a non-exhaustive list of what's new in Hollywood 9.0:
* Almost 100 new commands for lots of new programming fun!
* A blast from the past: Huge palette library for all kinds of retro effects!
* Special palette mode for Hollywood displays, brushes, and animations
* Convenient data serialization to/from JSON
* Vector animation support
* Direct2D support on Windows for GPU-accelerated graphics
* GTK+3 support on Linux
* Support for immersive mode on Android
* Text renderer can lay out text as (un)ordered lists
* Many commands can run asynchronously now
* IFF ANIM write support
* Windows Imaging Component support
* Improved internationalization (i18n) support
* Massive speed improvement for table library
* Less memory consumption
* Media Foundation support on Windows for GPU-accelerated video playback
* Program output and return code can be captured
* Major extensions in the plugin interface
* Network interface is much more powerful now
* Ready for RapaGUI 2.0!
* Ready for at least three 9.0-exclusive plugins!
* Over 100 new pages of PDF documentation, now 1166 altogether!
* Lots of other changes, optimizations and bug fixes
Hollywood 9 is the ultimate Multimedia experience and a must-have for all creative people. Hollywood is available on CD and as a download version. Both versions include Hollywood for all supported platforms. Buying Hollywood gets you a single-user license for all 15 platforms supported by Hollywood. If you already own Hollywood, you can buy a discounted upgrade version. People who bought Hollywood 8 in 2021 can request a free upgrade.
Hollywood is the ultimate bridge between all the different AmigaOS compatible platforms and the other three modern desktop systems, Windows, macOS, and Linux! Additionally, Hollywood also supports the Android and iOS platforms. A truly unique feature is the ability to cross-compile native executables for many different platforms including: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, WarpOS, MorphOS, AROS (x86), Windows (x86, x64), macOS (x86, x64, ppc), Linux (x86, x64, ppc, arm), and Android/iOS with optionally available add-ons. You don't even have to own these platforms in order to compile executables for them. It's enough to run Hollywood on one of the supported platforms and then compile programs for all the others! Only Hollywood makes it possible. If you want to learn more about Hollywood, please visit the the official Hollywood portal which also has a forum for all questions concerning Hollywood.
All this makes Hollywood The Cross-Platform Multimedia Application Layer. Join the Multimedia revolution and get your personal copy of Hollywood 9: Sugarcane now!
This release was brought to you by Airsoft Softwair - the hardest working men in code business.
PostgreSQL-Library V1.0 Final: https://forum.amiga-resistance.info/vie ... =38&t=3591
If you reported it through the forum and there is a reply where Andreas says it is fixed, then it should be fixed in this release.
Basically, every topic where it reads "fixed" before the release of this one, should be fixed. Of course some "fixed" from just a day or two before might not have made it, depending on how Andreas compiles the whole thing to the release version.
I don't know about the specific problem, but found this entry in the history:
Code: Select all
Fix: Some TrueType fonts which contained style keywords in their face name (e.g. "Albertus Extra Bold") couldn't always be opened (reported by L**** B*****)
That sounds sweet. Am ready to order, but as I am full of work over the week Ii better wait until the weekend - (otherwise my work would suffer as i would change work for Hollywooding
Waiting for the weekend now...
Waiting for the weekend now...