[11 Apr 2011] FYI: Windows Binary works with Wine on Linux

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
nexus

[11 Apr 2011] FYI: Windows Binary works with Wine on Linux

Post by nexus »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:42:39 +0200 (CEST)

Surprisingly, when compiling a windows binary with hollywood, it also works on Linux with 'Wine'. The last time, i checked that, it did't work. Maybe not everthing what hollywood provides works with wine, but only a certain subset of its functions? However, that's pretty nice :)

Thanks, Tom
nexus

[11 Apr 2011] Re: FYI: Windows Binary works with Wine on Linux

Post by nexus »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:03:20 +0200 (CEST)

It seems only the Metakeys like "L/R CONTROL/ALT/COMMAND" are not captured with the windows binary or wine (unfotunately, I currently don't have a windows system to test it :) ).

regards, Tom
airsoftsoftwair

[15 Apr 2011] Re: FYI: Windows Binary works with Wine on Linux

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:32:55 +0200
Surprisingly, when compiling a windows binary with hollywood, it also works on Linux with 'Wine'. The last time, i checked that, it did't work. Maybe not everthing what hollywood provides works with wine, but only a certain subset of its functions? However, that's pretty nice :)
Yes, I doubt that the DirectShow stuff is working (mp3 playback). But it's not surprising that the main engine works because Hollywood is a pretty lowlevel program written in plain C without any bloatware dependencies like MFC or similar toolkits. It's really just plain old Windows API with only very few calls that require Win2K or higher. The rest is pure Windows 95 API... so not much newer than OS3.1 :)