[07 Feb 2010] Hollywood now also available for Windows

Contains all messages from the Hollywood mailing list between 01/2006 and 08/2012
airsoftsoftwair

[07 Feb 2010] Hollywood now also available for Windows

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 07 Feb 2010 11:57:36 +0100

Airsoft Softwair are proud to announce the immediate availability of Hollywood for the Windows operating system. The Windows version of Hollywood is identical to the Amiga version, except that the Windows version comes with a convenient integrated development environment (IDE) that allows you to create Hollywood programs fast and easy. The Windows version of Hollywood is perfect for users who need to work with Hollywood in places where they don't have access to their Amiga system, e.g. at work or on notebooks while travelling. Scripts can be easily developed under Windows and then compiled for all platforms supported by Hollywood, i.e. AmigaOS 3, AmigaOS 4, MorphOS, WarpOS, AROS, Windows, Mac OS X PowerPC and Mac OS X Intel.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of features of the Hollywood Windows IDE:

- Ultra-fast syntax highlighting even for large projects
- Multiple projects can be opened at the same time
- Syntax of inbuilt functions is shown during typing
- Comprehensive context sensitive online help
- Browser allows convenient project management
- User-defined functions can be easily accessed through the function list
- Easy access to project data files using an integrated viewer
- IDE is highly customizable (appearance & behaviour)
- Scripts can be saved as AVI videos
- Full printer support
- Unlimited undo & redo support
- Convenient context menus and shortcuts
- Extensive (30,000+ lines) of searchable documentation
- System integration (launch Hollywood scripts directly by double-clicking the .hws!)
- Many colorful icons designed by Martin "Mason" Merz
- Native Win32 application: no additional software required
- Runs on Windows 2000 and up

Please keep in mind that these were only the features of Hollywood's Windows IDE. The IDE is of course just the front-end for Hollywood's incredible multimedia power. To learn more about Hollywood itself, please visit the Airsoft Softwair homepage: http://www.airsoftsoftwair.com/ There are also plenty of screenshots of the Hollywood IDE available here: http://www.airsoftsoftwair.de/en/news.html

Hollywood for Windows is available on CD-ROM or as a download version. Users who already own the Amiga version of Hollywood can buy a discounted crossgrade to the Windows version of Hollywood. Please note that this crossgrade is a special offer only available for users of the very latest Hollywood version (4.5).

Hollywood is the ultimate bridge between all the different platforms because it allows you to easily save your projects for many different platforms! And the best thing is that you do not even have to have the operating system you are targetting because Hollywood can compile for all platforms from every platforms it is running on. I.e., you can cross-compile Mac OS X application bundles right from Windows, or you can cross-compile AmigaOS 4 binaries from Windows. Only Hollywood makes it possible!

All this makes Hollywood The Cross-Platform Multimedia Application Layer. Join the Multimedia revolution and get your personal copy of Hollywood now!

Airsoft Softwair - talk less, deliver more.
Clyde

[07 Feb 2010] Re: Hollywood now also available for Windows

Post by Clyde »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 07 Feb 2010 12:13:43 +0100

O.O O.O O.O

You brilliant and crazy man! I can't believe you are just a single person! :-) Now I understand all your secret clues. ;-) When do you do all this stuff? In which non-24h-a-day parallel universe do you live? :-)

My order is nearly on the way!!!

Just one question: If I crossgrade from Amiga version, am I still allowed to use Win _and_ Amiga version simultaniously? I ask just in case ... You never know ... :-)

Happy greetings Micha
Currently using: Hollywood 9 with Windows IDE and Hollywood 9 with Visual Studio Code and hw4vsc
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 07 Feb 2010 13:52:20 -0000

REALLY Good news! I'm still interested only in AmigaOS version but the possibility to buy also a windows version was really a nice thing! The only thing that now I like to know was... Maybe we can get the IDE also on AmigaOS platfroms(maybe with MUI GUI?)? That's the only thing I really miss atm...

I hope tha now your Hollywood income will be greately increased!

GOOD WORK!

Simone
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Tarzin

Post by Tarzin »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 07 Feb 2010 18:23:28 +0100

Hello,

Great News,

Does it require any installation or can it be run from any USB key by example with installation?

Eric
A500 / A600 / A1200 / SAM440
WinUAE OS3.9 (AmiKit) / OS4.1FE (FlowerPot)
---
https://twitter.com/TarzinCDK
Simon

[07 Feb 2010] Re: Re: Hollywood now also available for Windows

Post by Simon »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 07 Feb 2010 20:31:20 +0000

In response to the great news of Hollywood's availability for Windows, I have the pleasure of announcing that the first Hollywood specific version of CodeBench is now up for download from

http://codebench.co.uk/downloads/CodeBe ... yWood4.lha

As with the AmigaOS 4 SDK version, this is tied to the Hollywood plugin, and no other project types are available. I have, however, enabled the creation and use of the dictionary which is not in the public 0.9 version.

Please let me know if there's anything that you feel could be added to improve functionality. I must just make it clear that I'm not a Hollywood user, so I'm relying on your input.

I would just like to thank Torgeir of Ferrule Media for supplying the Hollywood4 version which enabled me to get this far.

Enjoy!

Simon
PEB

[07 Feb 2010] Re: Re: Hollywood now also available for Windows

Post by PEB »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Sun, 7 Feb 2010 21:17:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Rigo, Thanks for making the Hollywood plugin for CodeBench! (I haven't been able to get it to work yet, though.) As soon as I click on the button to start a new project, I get a message from CodeBench that says:"This project requires a plugin which does not seem to be available on this system" After I click "OK", then the Grim Reaper appears with the Crashlog that's attached. Choosing to "Continue Program" or to "Ignore DSI errors" does not get past this.
ArtBlink

[08 Feb 2010] Re: Hollywood now also available for Windows

Post by ArtBlink »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:14:27 +0000 (GMT)

Yahoo... it's cool, but don't stop amiga version please... in the past, a lot of programmerhave stop developpement of their programm when they create a Windows version of their project...

Win version is good but amiga version is the best ;-)

Just for info 80% of amigaguide holywood are translate in french and 50% are read and rectified, i found some error in the english guide, i give you this tomorrow.

Respect
alfkil

Post by alfkil »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 8 Feb 2010 14:16:03 +0100

Oh no! Now we just lost all incentive to buy an actual Amiga computer........!

;-)

Of course, I see your motivation to do this, and I'm totally with you. Just don't you *EVER* stop supporting the Amiga and us, that would be total suicide and a crime against humanity !!

Keep it going!

- Alfkil
Arnljot

Post by Arnljot »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 8 Feb 2010 14:57:22 +0100

I just orded the windows version.

But I'm guessing that further Amiga support is a given. As it seems that Andreas and Hyperion has found eachother, also I'm using Windows to develop for Amiga. It's just so sad that at the moment the tools that I need is on windows.

Lets all keep coding and work for the day when a windows or linux install is no longer needed.

Kind regards, Arnljot
Simon

[08 Feb 2010] Re: Re: Hollywood now also available for Windows

Post by Simon »

Note: This is an archived post that was originally sent to the Hollywood mailing list on Mon, 08 Feb 2010 20:32:00 +0000
Thanks for making the Hollywood plugin for CodeBench! (I haven't been able to get it to work yet, though.)
I knew I should have tested it a bit longer. I can reproduce the problem here, and I'm on the case.

Simon