Applets and .ogg

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
LarsB

Applets and .ogg

Post by LarsB »

Hi there,

at the moment I am preparing my first Aminet release. First, I thought, starting with the release of the app-version.
Because users from all flavours could try it out and give feedback.
Now when I am compiling an app with @REQUIRE "oggvorbis",{Link = True}
The app does complain about missing oggvorbis. Can be solved when I put the plugin into the plugin folder of the player.
But this makes the app a little unhandy. Thats why I tgried to get a solution with linking the plugin to the app.
Which doesnt work. Any thoughts?
SamuraiCrow

Re: Applets and .ogg

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Applets are portable but plugins are not. Linkage cannot take place. Just put the plugin in the appropriate directory in the applet player.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

Yes, right. I should read the manuals more carefully. ;) And its only logic. Plugins are relayed to a plattform like Win/64 for example
and apps are not.

I already deleted this post but have been to fast :D
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Alternatively, you can distribute your program as a real executable. In contrast to plugins, platform-dependent executables can have plugins linked to them.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

Thats right and I will do it this way. The first release would be AO4. Unfortunately I got no HW to test.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

You can use WinUAE for OS4 too :)
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

Yes, but I doubt if I would have fun with it. The CPU Emulation is demanding. Also I am a little bit at the borders of my financial abillities. (HartzIV). Especially because my project is noncommercial. I already ordered Amiga Forever. This has to do it. ;)
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

A curiosity alternative os to use the programa Sample Manager you can download from Aminet here os the link http://aminet.net/mus/edit/Samplemanager.lha and convert the WAV files to 8svx, but this program not convert the ogg format files, the quality is good It isn't like an ogg ir WAV files but you get a sound standard Amiga file, without needs the plugin and with leds size.
LarsB

Post by LarsB »

hm,.. ok. You know my style of sound which is already a little edgy. But I will give it a try.