Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
ocean77

Re: Questions Regarding Hollywood

Post by ocean77 »

It works beautifully now! Thank you!!! :D
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

I've converted a rather significantly sized wave file to an ogg file, but when exporting the project to Linux it won't run. It ran perfectly with the wave file though. I've installed the ogg vorbis plugin and it runs fine in Designer. Is there something else I need to do?
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

ocean77 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:10 am I've converted a rather significantly sized wave file to an ogg file, but when exporting the project to Linux it won't run. It ran perfectly with the wave file though. I've installed the ogg vorbis plugin and it runs fine in Designer. Is there something else I need to do?
Just some diagnostic questions: Did you test the Ogg Vorbis file in another player? What exporter did you use to do the file conversion? Was the conversion done on a custom Windows program where binary mode affects line endings?
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:21 pm Just some diagnostic questions: Did you test the Ogg Vorbis file in another player? What exporter did you use to do the file conversion? Was the conversion done on a custom Windows program where binary mode affects line endings?
I used Audacity on Linux to export the ogg file. And it plays fine there and when running the project in Designer. Other than that I haven't much clue.

EDIT: playOGG on Amikit plays it fine too.

EDIT2: I get this error when I try to open the exported project through the terminal:

Sound file "thesignalteaserambience2.ogg" is in an unknown/unsupported format!
File: The Signal Teaser.hws (current line: 1740 - In function: OpenMusic)

Yes, it's a short playable Teaser for the game, that's hopefully coming soon. :D
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Can you check if oggvorbis.hwp (on Linux) has execute permission set? If it doesn't have execute permission, Hollywood can't load it. You can also check if Hollywood has correctly loaded the plugin by looking at its output at program start.... does it say "Loading plugin oggvorbis.hwp...failed" or "Loading plugin oggvorbis.hwp...done"?
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:06 pm Can you check if oggvorbis.hwp (on Linux) has execute permission set? If it doesn't have execute permission, Hollywood can't load it. You can also check if Hollywood has correctly loaded the plugin by looking at its output at program start.... does it say "Loading plugin oggvorbis.hwp...failed" or "Loading plugin oggvorbis.hwp...done"?
Just so everything is clear. i'm developing the program in the Designer on an emulated Classic Amiga environment. I'm trying to compile an executable for Linux.

Yes, the compiled file has the execute permission set.
When compiling the the project it says: "Loading plugin oggvorbis.hwp... done"

There are no fails reported during the process at all.
airsoftsoftwair

ocean77 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:36 pm When compiling the the project it says: "Loading plugin oggvorbis.hwp... done"
There are no fails reported during the process at all.
Ok, I think I understand what's wrong here now. It doesn't matter what it says during compiling, you still need to install oggvorbis.hwp on Linux too because Designer doesn't automatically link plugins into executables. So you need to download the Ogg Vorbis plugin for Linux, place it in the same directory as the executable compiled by Designer, and then start the executable. Then it should work...
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:59 pm Ok, I think I understand what's wrong here now. It doesn't matter what it says during compiling, you still need to install oggvorbis.hwp on Linux too because Designer doesn't automatically link plugins into executables. So you need to download the Ogg Vorbis plugin for Linux, place it in the same directory as the executable compiled by Designer, and then start the executable. Then it should work...
Does that mean I have to distribute the plugin file along with my compiled project for every platform?

Anyway, it still doesn't work. Does it have to be in a sub-directory?
airsoftsoftwair

ocean77 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:21 pm Does that mean I have to distribute the plugin file along with my compiled project for every platform?
No, plugins can also be linked into executables but Designer 4.0 doesn't support this yet. But it's still easily possible to do this manually.
Anyway, it still doesn't work. Does it have to be in a sub-directory?
Please open a shell, cd to the directory where you put your compiled program and then type

Code: Select all

$ ls -la
and post the output :)
ocean77

Post by ocean77 »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:34 pm Please open a shell, cd to the directory where you put your compiled program and then type
total 13256
drwxrwxr-x 2 ocean ocean 4096 juli 8 15:08 .
drwxrwxr-x 8 ocean ocean 4096 juli 8 13:03 ..
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ocean ocean 256152 okt. 28 2016 oggvorbis.hwp
-rwxrwxr-x 1 ocean ocean 13307008 juli 7 02:32 TheSignal