Hollywood 8: Supremacy out now!

Official announcements from the Hollywood team
airsoftsoftwair

Re: Hollywood 8: Supremacy out now!

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

sashapont wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:57 am Do you have any problems with apk compiler?
No worries, APK Compiler 3.0 is fully on track and will be released soon.
sashapont

Post by sashapont »

It is good news, but without release I wil not happy yet. This sounds I see two week ago... :( And don’t change my mind about importance of this version. In the future I will think twice about paid for upgrade without real changes... but if in new version will have iOS support :))))))
r-tea

Post by r-tea »

DieterG wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:53 pm Then we must pay nearly new price for the update.
IMHO Hollywood package is the best proposal for not very experienced programmers.
For me, personally, it offers even too much. There are things which I'll probably not have enough time to try for.
Then, it's worth its price for me.
And besides, yoy can at any time make a deal with Andreas and arrange of a collective purchase as we did here :-)
sashapont

Post by sashapont »

r-tea wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:16 pm And besides, yoy can at any time make a deal with Andreas and arrange of a collective purchase as we did here :-)

Collective purchase it is good idea. Not so long ago I offer Andreas make education licenses. I have not good result in this deal. And in summary I bought individual license for me and have free licenses for visual Studio for univesity. But may be over 100 licenses for Hollywood.I agree that marketing is not power side of Andreas.
lazi

Post by lazi »

The way I see it, Andreas already proved that every Hollywood related products that he releases are professionally developed, documented, handled. It joins a bunch of platforms and lot of features into one software development solution.
I have not touched all of the platforms, and have not needed all features already, but I do know that Hollywood is something that I can not get elsewhere.

My deal is already approved. I need Amiga related developments which brings new abilities for me, I need to reach other platforms without really deal with them, and share the values what is represent and Andreas deliver all of that for several years.

I can do so little to encourage and recognize him, so I buy everything that I can use it now or in the future.

Please my friends consider that it is a huge project for only one man. He needs patience and help in any form instead of anger and not well formed communication.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Too bad he can't hire me to help. I have multiple platforms to test on. International business is a bear to hassle through though.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
sashapont

Post by sashapont »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:51 pm Too bad he can't hire me to help. I have multiple platforms to test on. International business is a bear to hassle through though.
Yes I agree with you! I try to offer too. I don't understand what Andreas want more money or good and popular product.

May be he may sell early access or subscriptions :)
lazi

Post by lazi »

And what if he just do like as he wants to do, as he likes to do.
If somebody have better ideas let's start it on and I will be there seventeen years later and will give free advice how to deal it better. :)

Sorry for the offtopic, end of line...
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

@sasha

This is the reality we are living in Amiga world nowadays. Hollywood is one of the few succesful programs in that it can (probably) make a living to its developer. I am not convinced hes wage is very high however, I would suspect he is actually much below the average.

For if you are looking at Amiga game sales numbers, then you would notice that 150 sales is already a very good number. I think EntwicklerX once mentioned in some interview that some of their AOS4 games had sold around 50 copies.

You do the math and you will start realising that it is well possible Hollywood might not sell more than 100 copies each version. If we assume those all be full versions of 99 Euros, that would only make 10 000 Euros yet, and it seems Hollywood versions seem to come every two years only, making that 10k split into to, so maybe 5000 a year.

Then he releases Android APK, from which he might get maybe another 2 000 euros each version, but lets say it is a year, then he would be earning only whopping 7 000 Euros a year, or less than 600 Euros a month, in country called germany, where not that good wage is probably around 2 000 euros a month, just like here, and good wage would be a minimum of 3 000 euros a month, rather 5 000 euros.

I have no idea of Hollywoods real sales numbers, how many of them are bought for full price, and how many for upgrade price, but based upon sales of other software and Games for Amiga, I dont think numbers are very high. Even if sales would be triple from my guess in here, He would still be making less than 2 000 Euros definetily and would likely make much more being employed by some firm. With his skillset, he could probably make 5 000 euros month at least.

Looking at all those factors. He should rather charge already from x.1 versions too, instead of just from round numbers.

We might like to pay just once in life, but that is just not reality in a product with this low sales numbers. If there be million Hollywood users, then sure he could afford to take one time payment as there would be tens of thousands of new sales each year, but I am sure he is not having them million users, so cant.
g0blin

Post by g0blin »

@thread

I am very impatient too (as you can see from my previous posts), but sure Andreas does not deserve such harsh time.
The only thing that matters to me is that the framework code is stable, otherwise I will never have a way to know if a misbehaviour is framework-related or only due to my poor coding skills.

I would say: let's Andreas work! I am sure that when APK 3.0 comes out it would be awesome. As usual!