Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Here are some screenshots of RapaGUI on Android:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
sashapont

Re: Hollywood 8: Supremacy out now!

Post by sashapont »

Cool! I test same my projects in player and it works good. And I want apk compiler for new Hollywood very much!

PS Do you plan add hyperlink label in new version of RapaGui?
PEB

Post by PEB »

Looking at the screenshot of the RapaGUI Text Editor on Android, the Toolbar seems to be using Mason's AISS toolbar images that are considerably larger than what we have available to us. Is this a different set developed by Mason? Is this an example of the new Hollywood icon object type? Is there any way that we can get these new images?
airsoftsoftwair

sashapont wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:41 pm PS Do you plan add hyperlink label in new version of RapaGui?
Yes.
PEB wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 am Looking at the screenshot of the RapaGUI Text Editor on Android, the Toolbar seems to be using Mason's AISS toolbar images that are considerably larger than what we have available to us. Is this a different set developed by Mason?
Mason is indeed working on large versions of all his icons and I was able to get some preview versions for RapaGUI 2.0 and the Hollywood IDE.
PEB wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 am Is this an example of the new Hollywood icon object type?
Yes. RapaGUI 2.0 introduces support for the Hollywood icon type which means that RapaGUI will automatically choose the correct image to use for the current device's screen pixel density. This makes it possible to get perfectly crisp pixel graphics even on high dpi systems. Unfortunately, the documentation of RapaGUI 2.0 isn't finished yet but I have already adapted all of the examples. Here is a snapshot of the examples taken from the current RapaGUI 2.0 master: http://www.softwarefailure.de/tmp/examples.zip You should be able to figure out how to use icons with RapaGUI 2.0 by looking at the examples (e.g. TextEditor, Demo, VideoPlayer, SongPlayer.... all of those use icons now)
PEB wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:42 am Is there any way that we can get these new images?
Ask Mason and be polite? :)
r-tea

Post by r-tea »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:11 pm Sure, there's lots of stuff for Amiga users as well like the new network adapter plugin interfaces (will soon be used by a SSL/TLS plugin), serial port support, icon support, whole directories can be linked and monitored...
Really huge update. I'm impressed...
airsoftsoftwair

r-tea wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:23 pm Really huge update. I'm impressed...
Btw, behind the scenes RapaGUI on Android is really MUI on Android... you might know that it all started with MUI Royale. To create RapaGUI, I wrote a MUI backend for wxWidgets and then MUI Royale was able to become RapaGUI. For Hollywood 8 I finally wrote a MUI backend for Android now, so behind the scenes it's all pure MUI :)
r-tea

Post by r-tea »

Hmmmm... sounds nice. I suppose you must have been in love with MUI since pre Amiga NG era, like I have :-)
DieterG

Post by DieterG »

Hm.... 2 weeks before today this announcement is written but only on english site, on german site is nothing to read of this.
Also on both, english and German, sites only Hollywood 7.1 manuals found.
Then i read some of the old bugs are not solved. This means wait one more year for next version ? And pay it again ?
So i will wait for next release ( or the release after next release) until the bugs removed.
Then we must pay nearly new price for the update.
Andreas, i think you make a good job by programming but not on marketing. On this Way you will never go professional.
You should thing about a new strategie.
UE.g. bugfixes without payying for it.
Dieter
airsoftsoftwair

DieterG wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:53 pm Hm.... 2 weeks before today this announcement is written but only on english site, on german site is nothing to read of this.
Huh? The following news item has been on http://www.hollywood-mal.de/ since January 10th...
10-Feb-2019: Hollywood 8: Supremacy jetzt erhältlich!
Nach zwölfmonatiger Entwicklungszeit freut sich Airsoft Softwair ganz besonders, die sofortige Verfügbarkeit von Hollywood 8: Supremacy bekanntgeben zu können. Hollywood 8.0 ist ein riesiges Update mit vielen neuen Features und Verbesserungen. Eine detaillierte Auflistung aller Neuerungen gibt es hier.
Then i read some of the old bugs are not solved.
Which ones are you talking about specifically? Details please, or it's FUD.
This means wait one more year for next version ? And pay it again ?
Sure. You don't get an iPhone 8 for free either just because you bought an iPhone 7. Why should it be different for software? Hollywood is a real monster effort because of the multitude of platforms involved and maintaining such a complex project supporting a ridiculous number of platforms is extremely difficult and let's not forget all the plugins that you get entirely for free on top of it (and those plugins are also available for a ridiculous number of platforms!) and then there are the thousands of pages of documentation. And all this is available for an insanely cheap price and still you want all that for free, forever, just because you bought it once? Seriously?

And just for the record, Hollywood 7.1 was a free update and Hollywood 3.1, 4.7, 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 were free as well. And most of those were far more than just bug fix updates...
So i will wait for next release ( or the release after next release) until the bugs removed.
Once again, which bugs are you talking about?
Then we must pay nearly new price for the update.
Nobody is forced to do anything. The math is really simple here: If you want to see more work and effort put into Hollywood, you should better buy the update because that's what finances future developments after all. I can only keep on improving Hollywood as long as there are enough sales to warrant my efforts. Doing this all for free is not an option at all, sorry, because Hollywood has become far too complex for that.
sashapont

Post by sashapont »

airsoftsoftwair wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:53 pm Nobody is forced to do anything. The math is really simple here: If you want to see more work and effort put into Hollywood, you should better buy the update because that's what finances future developments after all. I can only keep on improving Hollywood as long as there are enough sales to warrant my efforts. Doing this all for free is not an option at all, sorry, because Hollywood has become far too complex for that.
In App Store if I buy app I always have free updates. It is normal. In this case...

For example I bought upgrade for Hollywood, because I want new platform for it. But it is not usable for me without apk compiler. You written that apk compiler will be very soon... I believed that it will be :( But 2 week was gone and there are no this software. I'm sad, because in Hollywood 8 there are no good features without android and now it is not very helpful. Do you have any problems with apk compiler?