Rasberry pi Linux and Hollywood

Find quick help here to get you started with Hollywood
Juan Carlos

Rasberry pi Linux and Hollywood

Post by Juan Carlos »

I have a big question, someone has tested any program or game made with Hollywood for this system, and how do work it? configuration, plugins, etc.
SamuraiCrow

Re: Rasberry pi Linux and Hollywood

Post by SamuraiCrow »

I tried it with the Pi 2B and it worked. The ARM Linux plugins should also work. The Rebel SDL plugin works so well with the Pi that it contains Pi specific code that won't work on an ODroid XU4 but the rest of the plugins should be fine.
I'm on registered MorphOS using FlowStudio.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:24 pm I tried it with the Pi 2B and it worked. The ARM Linux plugins should also work. The Rebel SDL plugin works so well with the Pi that it contains Pi specific code that won't work on an ODroid XU4 but the rest of the plugins should be fine.
Thank you, I'm think in buy one only for test the Hollywood, because to play games or use it to connect devices I'm not interested.
To test the Hollywood programs only to copy to one sd card from Windows and to enjoy it?
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

I copied the boot image to MicroSD card then downloaded everything else using the Ethernet on the RasPi itself. But once you create a complete boot image, that will work too.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

SamuraiCrow wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:27 pm I copied the boot image to MicroSD card then downloaded everything else using the Ethernet on the RasPi itself. But once you create a complete boot image, that will work too.
No, my question is to transfer files from Windows or MorphOS copying the programs inside of sdcard, if these files are read perfeclty in the raspberry.
SamuraiCrow

Post by SamuraiCrow »

Juan Carlos wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:52 pmNo, my question is to transfer files from Windows or MorphOS copying the programs inside of sdcard, if these files are read perfeclty in the raspberry.
I would be surprised if Windows or MorphOS supported Linux filesystems. Putting it on a FAT32 formatted USB card and then copying to the μSD card from there is possible. Setting up a shared directory using Samba over a network might work also from Windows to Linux and back.
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Thank you for your help, that is the answer I need know use a sd card to carrier the Hollywood programs ad easy way.
jPV

Post by jPV »

MorphOS has built-in support for Linux filesystems, but if you're using EXT4, then it's read-only. EXT2 and 3 can be written too. Here's more about filesystems supported by MorphOS: https://library.morph.zone/Filesystems

If the card doesn't automount the partitions you want, use the SYS:Tools/Mounter program to mount them.

But if you want to transfer files over network, your Raspberry's OS probably has SSH server enabled by default, you don't need to install Samba or other crap for it :) Just use SYS:Applications/Transfer to connect your device with the SFTP protocol, I think this is the easiest method to move files over RPi. Or another methdod would be to use the SSH2FS command to mount RPi as a volume in MorphOS, it'll work as any other drive/directory then.

And good old USB stick is yet another option, RPi has USB ports too after all, if you don't have them all occupied...
Juan Carlos

Post by Juan Carlos »

Thank you, jPV I didn't think in the USB option, with the keyboards with extra usb port no problem.
emeck

Post by emeck »

@Juan Carlos

As jPV wrote, the USB option is the simplest and works perfectly for me. And also the SSH server option. I use Transfer to connect with sftp protocol to the RPi server from MOS and transfer files that way.

And you can also run the VNC server that comes with Raspbian and access your RPi desktop. I use TwinVNC on MOS. Running Hollywood scripts that way after transfering them through sftp makes testing on RPi easy and without having to move to the other machine (which in my case is in a different room).
PowerBook 5.2 MorphOS 3.15
PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.15
Amiga 1200 BPPC/BVision AOS4.1 FE