IPhone Hollywood player

Feature requests for future versions of Hollywood can be voiced here
DieterG

IPhone Hollywood player

Post by DieterG »

I know, this is a very difficult thing to implement. But an IPhone Hollywood Player or better a compiling to target IPhone where a very very useful part.
The Problem for the target is to get it in AppStore, so the way for the Player maybe a Solution to get own programs easy on running on the IPhone.
Dieter
sashapont

Re: IPhone Hollywood player

Post by sashapont »

Yes I want it very much too
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

It's a sad story. Hollywood Player for iOS has been ready for release for a long time but it is rejected from the app store because it executes code which isn't allowed. But I'm still working on a workaround... something like the APK compiler for Android. This workaround should allow you to at least compile your *.hwa files as iOS apps and publish them on the app store. But the Hollywood Player itself will probably never make it into the app store, unless Apple changes its policies.
plouf

Post by plouf »

i am not an IPhone expert never be, never will (dont like them)

BUT AFAIK you can isntall apps in iphone WITHOUT appstore via a computer (pc/mac) itunes and a usb cable
in my knowledge iphone do NOT need to be cracked in any form so
why .ipa file do not released in order to have at least this option?

no need to released in public, only in registered/beta channel user's so it will be "wip " until a solution be found.
so only "people who know" will use this option ...for now (or forever)
Christos
plouf

Post by plouf »

also i see this alternative appstore that claim it need NOT a jailbroken device neither a computer
https://appvalley.vip/
Christos
Bugala

Post by Bugala »

@plouf

one of the reasons for people to have iphone version, is to have a possibility to sell their products in iphone appstore.

Hence while your solution does give a possibility to run hollywood software in iphone (and that is good too already), it doesnt solve the real problem, which is to sell for example your own game made with hollywood.
plouf

Post by plouf »

obviously. however at least you can a) test apps , b) use it in apps who do not waiting to get paid for

(oot but there are many reason why i dont have/dont recomend iphones:) ehehhehe
Christos
airsoftsoftwair

It's not possible to distribute it outside the app store. You can only install apps outside the app store by including the UDIDs of all devices in the app's provisioning profile so no chance this is going to work.
plouf

Post by plouf »

apvaley.vip solution ?
Christos
airsoftsoftwair

Appvalley doesn't look very trustworthy to me and there's no real explanation as to how this works so it's not really something that I can support as a commercial vendor. I won't endorse any hacks with potential side effects.