Please introduce yourselves!

Everything that doesn't really have to do with Hollywood
Ferrule Media

Please introduce yourselves!

Post by Ferrule Media »

Hi there!

I see the list of members are growing already :) I believe this forum could be the start of something really cool and creative!

Personally I would really like to know more about the members.. age, work, hobbies and so on - and ofcourse computers used when working with Hollywood.

Anyone tempted to go first?

Best regards
Torgeir
Ferrule Media
Espevikvn 18
5521 Haugesund
Norway
www.ferrule-media.no
Allanon

Re: Please introduce yourselves!

Post by Allanon »

First one? ok ;)

My nick is Allanon and I'm an old Amiga user, for work reasons I've migrated to the Windows side but in the last 5 years I've returned to my original, invaluable, first wonderful love: Amiga.
All is started many, many, many years ago with the C64, I've started programming with this wonderful machine using the Simon's Basic. Then I've got an A500 and some years later I've got an A1200, the best of the best for that time.
My programming experience cannot be synthesized, I've got many "encounters" and I've used many tools and many programming languages for various platforms, just to mention something: Simon's Basic (C64), BlitzBasic(Amiga & Windows), Amos (Amiga), Visual Basic (Windows), VBA (Windows), LUA (Multiplatoform), 68000 Assembler (Amiga), Gambas (Linux), FreeBasic (Windows) and so on :D

Today I'm following the AROS and Amiga scene and Hollywood has been the fuel over the fire for my programming love.
I've rediscovered the pleasure for programming, and that's the most important thing for me: enjoy myself, and why not, hope that my work can be helpful for someone else.

Since I've discovered Hollywood I've started many project, but the most important are just two: LookHere! and ScuiLib.
LookHere! is an image viewer, you can find more infos and screenshots here.
ScuiLib is a library written entirely with Hollywood itself and the main purpose is to give the Hollywood programmer a simple and powerful tool to build the Gui for their applications.
Many work is needed to complete this huge project, but right now is quite usable and stable. As soon as I'll complete the documentation I'll publish the new release.

Something not programming related:
I'm 39 and I'm from Italy (Tuscany), my preferred hobby is to compose music playing my two keyboards (you can hear something here): I love music, maybe more then programming ;)
I've started playing with music when I was very young, I've studied pianoforte and saxophone and of course Amiga trackers :D
I remember Sonic, Oktalyzer and Octamed (the best one for me) as my main composing tools for my Amiga1200.

I like videogames, RPG and FPS: I'm a Final Fantasy VII & Baldur's Gate series lover :D
I like reading too, my preferred genre is Fantasy, especially Terry Brook series (the name "Allanon" is taken from a powerful druid in the Shannara serie of Terry Brooks).
Finally I love nature: I live in farm along with rabbits, chickens, pigeons, two dogs and 9 cats!

My big problem:
The TIME. I've not enough time for all my activities: I hate the time, timers and calendars :lol:
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

Well, I'm the main Hollywood guy, Andreas Falkenhahn, and I've the same problem as Allanon: TIME is scarce with Hollywood getting more and more complex!
amigaoneproductions

Post by amigaoneproductions »

I am Paul, AKA AmigaOneProductions.

When I was about 13, I picked up a ZX81 and got hooked on programming in ZX81 BASIC, now there's not really a lot you can program in BASIC with only 1K of memory, and after playing around with Spectrums and VIC-20's and such like and not really getting anywhere, along came the Amiga A500 which allowed me to start writing some much better stuff than before, somehow, I can't remember how, but I ended up on the Beta tester list for a new programming language called AMOS, and was writing stuff with that amost 2 years before it was released on the general public, so you could say I had a bit of a head start.

Living as I did then, close to Wigan, Lancashire, UK, I was introduced to Sandra Sharkey who ran the AMOS PD Library, where I released my 1st programming attempts.

From there, I got quite involved in AMOS programming, ran a programming helpdesk for AMOS programmers (don;t bother calling the phone number in the back of "AMOS in Action" that number is a few! years out of date :-) , made lots of friends, ran a BBS (Bulletin Board System) called Entertainment UK with a friend of mine, this was a multi-line system running on an Amiga 4000, where I wrote some software in AMOS and HiSoft Basic.

Somewhere along the line I was introduced to some great AMOS Programmers of the time, Aaron Fothergill of Shadow Software, and Len Tucker - a great writer of educational software, you should have seen the phone bills we were getting at the time :-) (this was a time before the Internet, Emails, Skype and unlimited phone calls for £5 a month !)

Time moved on, the Amiga market died, and I lost contact with everyone. Then came the AmigaOne and OS4, and remembering how much fun the Amiga Days were, I wanted to get back into it.

While waiting to the Amiga to catch up, I got caught up in producing demo videos showing off OS4 at various events around the UK, as well as the AmiGBG events at Gothenburg, Sweden. All these can be freeley nabbed from my website (amigaoneproductions.co.uk)

In the middle of all this, I got married, had 2 kids, (which sort of put a halt on all my computer developments :-) ) One of them is almost 3 years old, and the other 7 months, so now that the baby making is over (because my wife says so :) )time is slowly coming back to me so I am going to put some of this time into developing some software using OS4.1, SAM440EP is up and running, Hollywood has been ordered and when it arrives, I'm going to see what I can do with it, I have some ideas, some of which Hollywood was probably not designed to do, but that will probably not stop me. (Someone once said it was impossible for AMOS to play Aegis SONIX tunes, so I wrote Music Engine, I don't believe in impossible :-) )

Here's to the future :D
Tuxedo

Post by Tuxedo »

Well...
I'm an old AmigA user that finally from about 3 months was done something programming thanks to Hollywood that was so easy and powerfull!!!!!
I precedence I've always drop my programming studies(C and PortablE) because the programming structure dont involve me so much to continue with it...
But with Hollywood was another story! It was like a drug! Easy and simple as powerfull! I like it SO MUCH!
However since I'm a new user I'm also a newbe programmer!!!!!
Plz have patience with me and my questions!!!!!!

Good coding!
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
GMKai

Post by GMKai »

Hello,

my name is Kai, I am from Germany and a longterm-amiga-follower, nowadays I am with MorphOS and still have my Pegasos.
I jumped on the Hollywoodtrain quite early and like to work with it a lot.

If I'm not in front of computer I like to participate in running-contests.
Ferrule Media

Post by Ferrule Media »

Hello :)

My name is Torgeir, 31 years of age and I'm from Norway.

I started with Amigas at the age of 11, with a lovely Amiga 500. After some years I changed to an A1200.

In 1999 I bought Photogenics and 060 50mhz 240 mhz ppc-card + Bvision and joined the Demoscene. After some time in Mawi, me (Fusko) and a close friend (Pix) founded a pure gfx-group called Scenic. Scenic was mostly about friendship but a lot of very talented graphicians joined. My favorite Scenic-release is the Encore/Scenic ppc-demo called Kheshkhash - released at Mekka-Symp 2002.

http://ada.untergrund.net/?p=demo&i=213

In 2004 I retired from the scene because of lack of time and motivation - but I really miss it so I guess it is just a matter of time before I start drawing again.

Now I own an AmigaONE G4 800mhz, One Sam-Flex 800mhz and a coulple of Sams-EP 667mhz. My old Amiga is still alive, but it collects dust at the moment - I turn it on from time to time just to see that it still breathes. I mostly use my Sam-machines because they are completely silent (compared to my AmigaONE that sounds more like an aero-plane)

In daytime I work as a dentist. I also own (with my brother) a software-company called Ferrule Media, so at night I develop dental-software using Hollywood Designer. In fact I enjoy working with Designer so much that it gives me much of the same feeling that I got when drawing artworks back in my scene-days. Because Designer is of such high quality it is possible for me to design and produce software with very few limitations (thanks to amazing skills of Andreas Falkenhahn).

Apart from my geeky side I’m also into Kick-boxing and martial arts :) And I'm engaged to the best woman in the world - we have no kids yet, but we have got a small Boston-Terrier called Tobias Benedict :)

I guess that is it :)

best regards
Torgeir
Ferrule Media
Espevikvn 18
5521 Haugesund
Norway
www.ferrule-media.no