Flipclock V1.0

Show off your project created with Hollywood
fingus

Re: Flipclock V1.0

Post by fingus »

Andreas wrote: Um, display transparency is already possible... check out the AlphaApple/WBApple example that comes with Hollywood. It shows you how to create really slick alpha transparent displays.
Thanks for the hint, i will try it.
There is really no need to use the hacky GrabDesktop() trick.
Sorry to say that, but there are some Users out there, who don´t can´t or wan´t enable the compositing on AmigaOS4.1 on 16bit/32bit-Screens, because they would run out of videomem very fast in high resolutions and heavy screen-usuage.
airsoftsoftwair

Post by airsoftsoftwair »

fingus wrote:Sorry to say that, but there are some Users out there, who don´t can´t or wan´t enable the compositing on AmigaOS4.1 on 16bit/32bit-Screens, because they would run out of videomem very fast in high resolutions and heavy screen-usuage.
You could implement a tooltype that enables compositing in Flipclock. Then the user can choose what he wants.
fingus

Post by fingus »

Flipclock V1.1 was released!
fingus

Post by fingus »

Andreas wrote:You could implement a tooltype that enables compositing in Flipclock. Then the user can choose what he wants.
I had this idea too, but i prefer do implement an auto-detection code (read env-configuarion). 8-)